• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Scotland Galloway forest 16th-21st october 21

Looking forward to a few nights in the wild(ish) :) Pity about the original location problem.
Planning to use the Iron Wall + the 3x3 as an extended living space.

Kind of gutted not to be going on this trip :(......but looking forward to the write ups and pictures.....please take lots!!
Guess I will have to wait until January.....cant come quick enough :rofl:
Would be great to have a day by day post from you guys.....not giving too much away......just the odd teaser :sneaky::rofl::thumbsup:

Kind of gutted not to be going on this trip :(......but looking forward to the write ups and pictures.....please take lots!!
Guess I will have to wait until January.....cant come quick enough :rofl:
Would be great to have a day by day post from you guys.....not giving too much away......just the odd teaser :sneaky::rofl::thumbsup:
think we will struggle with that mate as there is no phone signal :thumbsup:

Looking forward to a few nights in the wild(ish) :) Pity about the original location problem.
Planning to use the Iron Wall + the 3x3 as an extended living space.
we can have a good sniff around when we get there and see if there is a different site option but to be truthfull im ok with the sites you have already picked out :thumbsup:

i will be taking the Hammock tent and log burner but will also take my smaller tent like the iron wall just in case we have issues :)

All food stuffs have been bought sept for the fresh items :thumbsup:

ive started on the logs for the wood burners and the fire pit just a few more to get :)
got a front drive shaft oil seal to sort on the landy as the replacement 1 that was fitted a few weeks ago is leaking more that the old one :mad:
will get that sorted monday after work :thumbsup:

ive started on the extra fuel each week to build up to having a full tank ready for the off ,, soon be time to head up the road

Matt, if you are short of wood I have shite loads in lengths, you will have to cut/split it, but you are welcome to some if needed.

I could load some up and RV off the A38 near Buckfast.

Mike

Matt, if you are short of wood I have shite loads in lengths, you will have to cut/split it, but you are welcome to some if needed.

I could load some up and RV off the A38 near Buckfast.

Mike
thanks for the kind offer mate :thumbsup: but ive already put the order in for the last load of logs we will need (being delivered on tuesday )

Ello me dears :)

Hope you both had a good trip up to Scotters......and you have settled into camp safely :)
look forward to hearing from you and seeing a couple of pictures when/if...... the phone signal allows.

I'm assuming they arrived yesterday morning but have had no comms. I'll be down there about lunch time today and will try to post if I can find a signal area. The forecast isn't as grim as it was last time we were there but that's as positive as I can be hehehe.

I'm assuming they arrived yesterday morning but have had no comms. I'll be down there about lunch time today and will try to post if I can find a signal area. The forecast isn't as grim as it was last time we were there but that's as positive as I can be hehehe.
They'll be fine, everyone except Gavin will be sleeping in the Landrover :)

@G1ZmO

Will you be joining them for a day or two Paul?

A few stills from my video camera just to prove that we got there and Mark turned up earlier today.
I arrived on Sunday and, given tonight's forecast, decided to call it a day and headed home this afternoon.
Video when I can be bothered editing it. (maybe tomorrow)

2021-10-19 20_00_17-Window.png 2021-10-19 20_02_48-Window.png 2021-10-19 20_03_30-Window.png 2021-10-19 20_08_01-Window.png 2021-10-19 20_09_39-Window.png 2021-10-19 20_01_21-Window.png 2021-10-19 20_08_39-Window.png

Back