• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Scotland Galloway Forest (Feb 23rd-29th 2020 )

When you go there, please inform me later, if it is true, that this brown Galloway cattle gives hot chocolate instead of milk!

We think about buying some for the Kindergarten.

Been doing some route planning for my recce of the area and decided I'll need to do either a two or three jaunts down there or spend a couple of nights (yay!).
Just driving to the outskirts of the lochs I'd selected will take almost 6 hours round trip excluding the roads which you can't set as a route on google maps.

I'll post another thread about route planning as I don't want to take this off topic :)

Pretty fairly priced imo..... the lock I go to is £11 for 24 hours.

@G1ZmO nice find...a think I will have to find a new fishing spot based on this info lol..... a few days camping and fishing sounds just the ticket 👍

Just a bit more info.
The link below gives some information about access roads through the forest.
Some appear to be closed during winter. Read through the comments section as they give some good indicators of access and permissable activities.

I'm going down there next weekend, so not during the opening times of the forest roads, and will check access outwith the summer season dates.

A wee pdf link for you.

Note that any information I glean on potential camping areas for us will not be posted on the open forum. :)

Well I'm planning to go down early Friday and get as much of a recce done as possible in the time I have. I'm going prepared for an overnight and trying to persuade my better half to join me but tbh I think it's going to be too cold for her. I think she's waiting to see the forecast.
I don't think I can do the whole area in one day so have picked one area to concentrate on first.

Back