• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Scotland Galloway Forest (Feb 23rd-29th 2020 )

Matt

Site Owner
Staff member
As the title say,s we are returning to Scotland late Feb 2020 ...

Destination ..... Galloway Forest ....

we will be staying in the forest for around 6 nights .... 👍

The location is suitable for tents and hammocks with parking near by

it,s close to one of the many Lochs so fresh water is no issue 🆒

it is off the beaten track so there will be no nipping to Tesco,s to replenish your supplies :rolleyes: ... so please be aware of this when planning your meals and drinks

The plan is for us to drive up on sunday 23rd of Feb to meet at a pre aranged postcode .... then head into the woodland to set up camp for6 nights ...then break camp and head for home on the 29th .... exact times to meet will be sorted nearer the time :)

if you are interested in joining us in the first instance please add your name to the list 👍

when we have a few names i will start a private chat with all named people included so i can revile the meet location postcode

Matt.... Confirmed.
Mark aka Ark
Neil (kneef) confirmed
Paul (G1ZMO) confirmed
Bopdude........ Al..... Confirmed
Madriverrob......... Rob.....possible
38thFoot possible
forest wanders and woofer... possible
Bam
Smurf
David day

Last edited:
I’ve DM,d him , we’ll both need to see if dates are workable but as you say would be great to get over ......

I was up by Loch Ken in 2017 , had a few perch and jack pike .....

As much as I would love to come to at least 1 meet this one is gonna be tough as I'm in Sweden in the January before it, if for some reason Sweden doesn't go ahead then yes, would love to go.

As much as I would love to come to at least 1 meet this one is gonna be tough as I'm in Sweden in the January before it, if for some reason Sweden doesn't go ahead then yes, would love to go.

Hi Al :)

Of course, we hope that your Sweden Trip goes ahead with no problems👍

IF it does go Tats up............it would be good to meet you on the Scotters trip 👍

I’ve been to Galloway forest previously ( years ago ) iirc there are forest tracks providing vehicle access and even some bothers (?) .

I seem to remember occasional problems with groups of lads camping in the woods getting bladered and causing trouble but I guess it’s a big area and was a good few years ago 🤔

All, I intend to go down there at some point in the next few weeks and spend a day driving around taking pics/vids of potential spots for us to use for tents and hammocks.
I'll gather as much info on the area as possible including phone signal, distance to supermarkets, fishing permits, places of interest, etc

Back