• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Scotland Galloway Forest (Feb 23rd-29th 2020 )

While your logic is faultless, it doesn't give us the wriggle room to justify to ourself/missus that its an excuse to buy new stuff. :lol:

Well you can still buy it, of course it's essential, but do we really need to all take all ? If space and weight isn't an issue then go for it, just think it might be overkill :)

Well you can still buy it, of course it's essential, but do we really need to all take all ? If space and weight isn't an issue then go for it, just think it might be overkill :)

Absolutely, it makes sense, who wants to be the coordinator ?

I'm only going for a couple nights so maybe not much use in being in the pool.

Absolutely, it makes sense, who wants to be the coordinator ?

I'm only going for a couple nights so maybe not much use in being in the pool.

Likewise, only going for 2 nights, the Southern guys are the main event lol, maybe something for them to think about but I know they're bring 4x4's and trailers so maybe not that much of an issue for them ?

Likewise, only going for 2 nights, the Southern guys are the main event lol, maybe something for them to think about but I know they're bring 4x4's and trailers so maybe not that much of an issue for them ?

I see it as an excuse to play with some of my kit to be honest. When I'm walking for miles I'm limited in what I can carry, for something like this its an excuse to go heavy. I'll be chumming Smurf down so we can fill the car and faff about down there.

True buddy. Av had one of these before and found it to be exactly what I needed :thumbsup: Petzl Tikkina Headtorch LED Run Camping Outdoors Compact Trek Headlamp Light | eBay

I also carry a small torch in my pocket for the just in cases.

Am going for the slumit gobie 3 looks a cracking tent mate and it comes recommended by a well known kit tart. I won’t mention his name but he only needs 1 shot :rofl: ... and it’s big enough for me and the little ones for fishing trips next year:thumbsup: watched a few vids on it. It’s got a faster erection time than superman on wonder woman :D

@Bam

Kit tart reporting for duty :sneaky::D

The Slumit Gobi 3 has been a quick and easy tent to use......inner attached and up and pegged in minutes.
It is a roomy and cosy tent to use with limited condensation problems.
Plenty of room in the porch for admin/cooking.
Not a single leak ever......but worth taking some seam sealer as a just in case......as with any new tent of the same ilk.

The Slumit has stood up to some pretty rough weather in an exposed location loch side in Scotland a couple of years back......40 to 60 mph winds.
Would suggest up grading the pegs for longer heavier duty options to cope with hard frozen ground and forest floors.
If its a tad blowy......wrap the guy lines around the tent frame stays for added strength and security.
It is worth thinking about the Gobi 3 for the extra comfort and room for you...the dog....and all your kit.....boot storage etc.

Slumit were offering a further discount if you purchased direct from them.....worth checking out :thumbsup:

If mine ever went tits up for what ever reason....I would have no hesitation buying another of the same :):thumbsup:

Also worth doing.....have a practice at home erecting and stowing away.....the stowing away is easier after a bit of practice.
The bag the tent comes in is very well made and actually a good usable size.....unlike some.

Slumit.......hell yes :thumbsup::D:D

Guys, can I just offer up advice that was given to us for the Swedish winter camp, everyone doesn't need to take everything, split the load, decide on a communal pot, 1 person takes it, the fire pit etc, the way we're talking we're all going armed to the teeth, unnecessary imho ?

Thoughts ?

Just my two penneth :whistle:

This would maybe work in teams of two or maybe three......on an extended expedition involving a lot of moves..... or hikes.
Personally being a self confessed kit tart :rolleyes: I like my independence and playing with my own toys....not selfish.....just OCD:D
The fire communal fire pit/brazier should be left for the kettle only on the bigger longer stays.....its a pain in the arse when everyone wants to cook their grub on it.....unless an agreed chuck it all in communal stew is agreed.
One....or 5/6 days.......its good to enjoy your independence and enjoy your kit and toys........thats why you invest in them.

Transporting kit to the base camp is never a problem because everyone mucks in and helps each other.

@Matt.....and all.

This is going to be a brilliant trip.....as the others have been :thumbsup:
Would love to tag along but will be leaving this one out :(
Lorraine and I have plans to visit warmer climes about the time the trip takes place.

But good luck to all.....and hope you all have a cracking time :):thumbsup:

@Matt.....and all.

This is going to be a brilliant trip.....as the others have been :thumbsup:
Would love to tag along but will be leaving this one out :(
Lorraine and I have plans to visit warmer climes about the time the trip takes place.

But good luck to all.....and hope you all have a cracking time :):thumbsup:

Better of in the warmer places bill :thumbsup: a will take loads of pictures and we will slag ooh a mean mention you round the fire:sneaky: Be like you was there mate:D

@Bam

Kit tart reporting for duty :sneaky::D

The Slumit Gobi 3 has been a quick and easy tent to use......inner attached and up and pegged in minutes.
It is a roomy and cosy tent to use with limited condensation problems.
Plenty of room in the porch for admin/cooking.
Not a single leak ever......but worth taking some seam sealer as a just in case......as with any new tent of the same ilk.

The Slumit has stood up to some pretty rough weather in an exposed location loch side in Scotland a couple of years back......40 to 60 mph winds.
Would suggest up grading the pegs for longer heavier duty options to cope with hard frozen ground and forest floors.
If its a tad blowy......wrap the guy lines around the tent frame stays for added strength and security.
It is worth thinking about the Gobi 3 for the extra comfort and room for you...the dog....and all your kit.....boot storage etc.

Slumit were offering a further discount if you purchased direct from them.....worth checking out :thumbsup:

If mine ever went tits up for what ever reason....I would have no hesitation buying another of the same :):thumbsup:

Also worth doing.....have a practice at home erecting and stowing away.....the stowing away is easier after a bit of practice.
The bag the tent comes in is very well made and actually a good usable size.....unlike some.

Slumit.......hell yes :thumbsup::D:D

Thanks for taking the time to review it mate, appreciate it.

Absolute pleasure Bam....if you do go for one....I hope you enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed mine :thumbsup:

Hi Willie, the internet being what it is and when you look for one thing several others pop up trying to get you to buy their stuff. This crossed my path.

Qeedo Quick Oak 3 Man Camping Tent (Quick Up System) - black: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors

71dosIvL3GL._SX466_.jpg

Kind of looks like a Slumit rip off, ebay have it for about 84 quid. At the moment, whatever 3(ish) man tent I get won't be getting that much use, I only use my 1 man tent a few times a year. Can you see any obvious weaknesses compared to the pukka version ???

Hi Bam.

Not at all mate and the reviews for it are good too :thumbsup:

I am biased towards the Slumit simply because it has given good comfortable shelter in some fairly testing conditions.

Ohhh decisions mate :confused::D

Hi Bam.

Not at all mate and the reviews for it are good too :thumbsup:

I am biased towards the Slumit simply because it has given good comfortable shelter in some fairly testing conditions.

Ohhh decisions mate :confused::D

Aye, I've got time yet which is a good thing as I'm skint. there are plenty options out there right enough. Thanks for running the rule over it.

Hi Willie, the internet being what it is and when you look for one thing several others pop up trying to get you to buy their stuff. This crossed my path.

Qeedo Quick Oak 3 Man Camping Tent (Quick Up System) - black: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors

71dosIvL3GL._SX466_.jpg

Kind of looks like a Slumit rip off, ebay have it for about 84 quid. At the moment, whatever 3(ish) man tent I get won't be getting that much use, I only use my 1 man tent a few times a year. Can you see any obvious weaknesses compared to the pukka version ???

Looks a good tent mate :thumbsup:

Reactions: Bam
Looks a good tent mate :thumbsup:

That's the thing with online though isn't it, you don't even get the chance to have a proper nose, they can look good and the reviews might be good but there's some shady shenanigans going on with the reviews sometimes too. What is a boy to do.... This one will have to wait anyway, that poverty thing is a bugger. :crying:

Back