• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Scotland Galloway Forest (Feb 23rd-29th 2020 )

How are the preparations going chaps......anyone packed yet?? :D

my self and kneef have got the dried food goods sorted along with the tinned goods (just the fresh to buy when we get there ) its amazing how much food you need for 14 nights (3 meals a day plus snacks ) we are traveling up on the night of the 16th feb staying in the guest house 1 night then moving on to Avimore for a few nights then back to fortwilliam and then on to Glencoe for a night or two .... then onto the Galloway forest to meet the other guys on the 23rd

weve worked out the travel plan and various postcodes of places we are going to stop ...

will start sorting kit when the dec,s are down home here. when ive sorted a section of kit i,ll store it in the living room so it gives me more room in the QM stores to sort the rest .... will be starting on the sleep system first :thumbsup:..... just 6 short weeks till the off ... ive still got a few new items of kit to buy ...

Snow shovel mod

IMG_20200112_111830.jpg

Covered in foam pipe lagging so that the cold metal surface doesn't stick to the hands of @Matt when we get snowed in ! :D

That's a nice mod Neal but one suggestion is to gaffer tape it top and bottom and round the join in the foam to stop it sliding up down and twisting round

I was going down that road Joe until I found some lagging that didn't have the slit down one side ! :thumbsup:

I was going down that road Joe until I found some lagging that didn't have the slit down one side ! :thumbsup:
If it doesn't have the slit down the side then how will you get it onto the shovel shaft unless of course the handle is held on with bolts

I know Matt but my understanding is that Neal wants a piece of lagging without the split, mind you I've never seen any foam lagging without a split

I bought the lagging without the split at Screwfix this morning & have fitted it to the two parts of the telescopic shovel

The shovel is in it's extended state as it isn't very long (Oooeerr missus :)) it will remain that way whilst being transported in the trailer for the duration of the trip.

Job jobbed ! :thumbsup:

we,ll guys its getting near that time for me to start sorting kit out .... ive got 5 x 1/2 days to get the kit sorted for the trip and also the back lights on the trailer ....

this working 6 days a week is not suitable for sorting kit (and the real bugger is my 1 day of a week the miss,s always finds me other boring crap to do instead ) :(

we,ll guys its getting near that time for me to start sorting kit out .... ive got 5 x 1/2 days to get the kit sorted for the trip and also the back lights on the trailer ....

this working 6 days a week is not suitable for sorting kit (and the real bugger is my 1 day of a week the miss,s always finds me other boring crap to do instead ) :(

They're unreasonable creatures mate. ;)

Back