• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Scotland Galloway Forest (Feb 23rd-29th 2020 )

Just thought id add this point as i think it needs saying :rolleyes:

This trip so NOT a forum organized event .... this trip is me and a few mates going to the same location for a week in the wilds ....

I am not responsible for your well being on the trip (that's said if you have any issues im sure we would help to sort it out ) BUT its not mine or the forums responsibility

If you take part in this trip you do so under your own steam so please make sure you have the correct kit for the conditions :thumbsup:

can you please like this post to confirm you have seen it ,,,, thanks guys

You make it sound quite mysterious...... :eek:

You make it sound quite mysterious...... :eek:

not quite mate :) BUT after being stuck on top on the Glen Coe pass for over seven hrs in knee deep snow we have to be Kitted out for any eventuality we may find our self,s in on this trip .... please be mind-full we ARE going of the beaten track out into the boonies with no phone signals and IF we have any significant snow fall we will have no help from the out side world :)... bring it on :rofl:

Ive just googled the average snow fall for the location we are going for the months of feb and march 🤣

we have an average snow fall of 1.5 - 1.7 meters :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

with that said if have no issues clearing a path in with the landrover if needed or towing you guys out ALL you need to do is make sure you know where your towing eyes are on your cars and make sure you have "fitted" them before heading in (just a note i will not be responsible for any damage that may be caused to your vehicles when towing ) :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Ive just googled the average snow fall for the location we are going for the months of feb and march 🤣

we have an average snow fall of 1.5 - 1.7 meters :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

with that said if have no issues clearing a path in with the landrover if needed or towing you guys out ALL you need to do is make sure you know where your towing eyes are on your cars and make sure you have "fitted" them before heading in (just a note i will not be responsible for any damage that may be caused to your vehicles whistle towing ) :thumbsup:

Better take a brolly then. :whistle:

Could I ask how physically demanding this is likely to be? Its sounding more and more tempting the more I think about it but I have fairly severe back issues that impact my ability to walk too far or lift much despite being otherwise fairly fit and healthy. I have a pretty capable 4x4 shod with decent boots so if we have vehicle access I can get myself in but walking in with a pack is a no go. If Its possible I'll try and book a weeks pass (leaning heavily on the fact I'll also just have hit 40 and hence ripe for a mid life crisis if she refuses :evilstare: )
Here's hoping for a reason do dig out my thermals :)

Could I ask how physically demanding this is likely to be? Its sounding more and more tempting the more I think about it but I have fairly severe back issues that impact my ability to walk too far or lift much despite being otherwise fairly fit and healthy. I have a pretty capable 4x4 shod with decent boots so if we have vehicle access I can get myself in but walking in with a pack is a no go. If Its possible I'll try and book a weeks pass (leaning heavily on the fact I'll also just have hit 40 and hence ripe for a mid life crisis if she refuses :evilstare: )
Here's hoping for a reason do dig out my thermals :)

I'll only be there for the last couple of days otherwise I'd have offered to sherpa in your gear. Hope you can make it work for you mate.

@Bionic there should be adequate parking for all the cars at the Galloway site whether immediately beside the camping location or along the track. We can always ferry kit along to the spot if needed and those that need to have their vehicles close can have preference.

Thanks chaps. If we can get reasonably close with the trucks I can just move my kit in batches so that sounds promising. Just need to work on my other half now which can take some doing as shes a lawyer so has a way of putting clauses in to things :rofl:

Thanks chaps. If we can get the trucks near enough for me to move my kit in batches then it could be a go. Now i just need to work on my other half to get a pass which might be fun as shes a lawyer so I'll most likely get a few clauses written in :D

Ok confused now. I could have sworn the first post failed to upload and now ive repeated myself! oh well story of my life

35241991_1568816727_602.jpg

For firewood collection :)

Back