• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Galloway Forest Solo January Camp

Good drills Paul, you had a play with the tarp and got it sorted. Thanks for taking the time to share the vid with us, what did you have for your scran then ?

@Bam first dinner at 5pm was steak and onions (forgot to take a pic because I was so hungry)
second dinner at 9:30pm was a tin of curry with rice
Always good to have plenty in your belly when it's cold :)

20200118_204030.jpg

Proper job Paul..... Nice video :thumbsup:
How did your wander after breakfast go..... Did you find some other likely spots for future camps?

Bill, it was mostly over the other side of the river where I'd been before. There was a car down the road at the next bit I planned to recce so I didn't want to disturb them.
There are a lot of possibles but consideration needs to be given to the ground conditions.
There are dry-ish places for tents but there has been a lot of rain recently so I'm planning to hammock for the Feb trip though I'll bring a tent in the car just in case.

Sounds like a plan mate.... Best of both worlds and prepared for all.
With a bit of luck you will have a decent cold spell and plenty of snow on the ground for the Feb trip :) :thumbsup:

loving the tent set up matey, im going to try it out possibly next week if i can get out or even out in the garden :p

Back