• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Scotland Galloway trip photos and write ups

IMG_20200218_162942.jpg
IMG_20200218_162948.jpg
IMG_20200218_163002.jpg
IMG_20200218_163010.jpg
IMG_20200218_163020.jpg
IMG_20200218_163035.jpg
today's base camp... Snowing at moment

Yep, that was one of the other site options I recce'd but I thought it was too small for all of us.
I've spoken to Matt and arranged to meet on Friday morning.

That's either a very busy Mole, or you've been Mortared in the night....:lol:
Looks like a really nice site with that view as a bonus. I must be one of the few people left in the whole world who hasn't got a pointy tent..:D
I haven't got nor do I want a pointy tent either Sax, my big 4 berth Coleman for extended stays or my 3 berth Regatta suit me just fine. I guess it's an age thing :mad:

I haven't got nor do I want a pointy tent either Sax, my big 4 berth Coleman for extended stays or my 3 berth Regatta suit me just fine. I guess it's an age thing :mad:

My lavvu is 'pointy' but generally I'm happy with a dome or whatever. My old Beaufort is a ridge but slightly pointy. Only picture I can find online is this.

$_86.jpg

Its allegedly a 2 man tent but even with then 'end bit' folded out (life an inverted destroyer bow) to stow your gear it would be a squeeze. Its a bit cozy for one portly gent. :rolleyes: It can withstand a proper hooley though.

Attachments

• $_86.jpg
    $_86.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 23
My lavvu is 'pointy' but generally I'm happy with a dome or whatever. My old Beaufort is a ridge but slightly pointy. Only picture I can find online is this.

$_86.jpg

Its allegedly a 2 man tent but even with then 'end bit' folded out (life an inverted destroyer bow) to stow your gear it would be a squeeze. Its a bit cozy for one portly gent. :rolleyes: It can withstand a proper hooley though.
That would work for me Bam with one exception, I do like to have a chair in my tent so I need the headroom

Attachments

• $_86.jpg
    $_86.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 20
Back