• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Expired Gas stove,s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

Site Owner
Staff member
Ok guys just a heads up ive been given a VERY large box of used gas stoves from a company that does expeditions around the globe ...

my plan is to work my way through the box and make sure they are serviceable....

there are a few majorly expensive brands of stove in the box along with gas cans and shields ....

my plan is to check them and then offer them up on here in return for donations towards the forum,s running cost,s ...

A very good option to compare them all in a really scientific way!

How long do they need to boil 1 litre and 2 litres in always the same two pots and room temperature?

Weight?
Packing size?

And so on.

IMG_20190224_111135.jpg

ok after a quick look some of the stoves need a new bit that screws onto the gas can as it looks like some numpty has cross threaded a can onto them :rolleyes:...so to order the new bit with a new hose section is around £29 ...... so what do it do guys ...do i replace the part,s and then charge £45 per stove or leave them as is ....so you can take the part you need of a cheaper stove and repair your self (you can buy a commando stove for £12 and rob the parts of it to fix up the posh stove,s Outry 3500W Foldable Camping Gas Stove with Piezo Ignition, Outdoor Portable Stove Cooking with Carrying Case Box: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors ) then ask £20 donation per stove ? thoughts guys please

ok after a quick look some of the stoves need a new bit that screws onto the gas can as it looks like some numpty has cross threaded a can onto them :rolleyes:...so to order the new bit with a new hose section is around £29 ...... so what do it do guys ...do i replace the part,s and then charge £45 per stove or leave them as is ....so you can take the part you need of a cheaper stove and repair your self (you can buy a commando stove for £12 and rob the parts of it to fix up the posh stove,s Outry 3500W Foldable Camping Gas Stove with Piezo Ignition, Outdoor Portable Stove Cooking with Carrying Case Box: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors ) then ask £20 donation per stove ? thoughts guys please

I would politely suggest that you do what is easiest for you buddy

Some people may prefer to re-condition the stoves themselves anyway ! :)

ive been thinking after some sniffing around ive forund the replacement canister screw thingamybob they want £45 each :rolleyes: spoze thats the problem with expensive stoves the parts are dear as well :eek:

im going to take one to work and nip over the machine shop and see if they can drill and hellicoil thread to repair them 👍
A will take one Matt:D just leave as is mate. A like tinkering with things ;)..... will square you up on Thursday if that’s ok buddy 👍

dont need to square me up just hit the donate button and send £20 into the account mate ...... ps send me your addy mate

Last edited:
That's a great gesture Matt, nice one. I'm fighting my stove demons so I'll try and abstain but if you're having trouble shifting them I would be an easy mark.... just saying. :rolleyes:

That's a great gesture Matt, nice one. I'm fighting my stove demons so I'll try and abstain but if you're having trouble shifting them I would be an easy mark.... just saying. :rolleyes:

lol if you want to take a punt on one as is and fix your self then just donate £20 to the forum and send me your addy via pm 🤣...you know you want one :D

ive been thinking after some sniffing around ive forund the replacement canister screw thingamybob they want £45 each :rolleyes: spoze thats the problem with expensive stoves the parts are dear as well :eek:

im going to take one to work and nip over the machine shop and see if they can drill and hellicoil thread to repair them 👍

dont need to square me up just hit the donate button and send £20 into the account mate ...... ps send me your addy mate

Good shout re the hellicoil Matt ! 👍

lol if you want to take a punt on one as is and fix your self then just donate £20 to the forum and send me your addy via pm 🤣...you know you want one :D

You're a bad man trying to take advantage of the mentally weak..... :lol:

Course I bloody want one, I'm twitching like Chief Inspector Dreyfeuss here but I've spent this months 'toys' budget

SpecificDopeyAcornwoodpecker-size_restricted.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back