• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Expired Gas stove,s

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're a bad man trying to take advantage of the mentally weak..... :lol:

Course I bloody want one, I'm twitching like Chief Inspector Dreyfeuss here but I've spent this months 'toys' budget

SpecificDopeyAcornwoodpecker-size_restricted.gif
you only have a week to wait mate 🤣... then its a new month my man :D

It depends in what temperatures you want to use it.

For normal british weather that is right.

But should go somebody for holydays to Italy in the summer that wouldn't be the best option.

Primus for example sells 3 different mixtures: Winter, Normal, Summer.

In eastern Germany I would need them all, in Luxembourg only the normal one.
No Idea, how the weather is exactly in Britain, but I guess the normal one should be fine if you don't go for winter camping in the scottish mountains.

Yes, but if it's hotter than perhaps 30*C you spoil gas and there is a lower limit too.

But I don't know it really, because I don't cook if it's hot and light a wood fire if it's cold.

That's a science which doesn't interest me.
Who want's to know it can look it up at the sellers homepages.

Here are the three sorts of Primus gas for example. And the other brands are different too.

As they write here in the end of the text the red Primus power gas is optimised from
-15C to +25C.

For lower and higher temperatures the two others are recommended.

The shop Globetrotter is the largest trekking shop chaine in Germany and like Primus a part of the Fjällräven Empire, so this information should probably be correct.

And other brands sell different gas.

Propane works down to -40c, butane does not perform well when the temperature gets below +5c, Isobutane works well in the tri gas mix I mentioned (the Primus Power gas is tri gas too so nothing special there apart from the high prices they charge for it).

Keep away from stoves where the burner sits on top of the canister, go for 'remote' canister stoves where you can invert the gas cans to help the combustion process.

My stoves of choice are a Trangia and a Primus Omnifuel which burns naptha/paraffin/diesel and gas, (Petroleum/Benzin/Kocherbenzin ) and gives about kw of controllable power :)

Propane works down to -40c, butane does not perform well when the temperature gets below +5c, Isobutane works well in the tri gas mix I mentioned (the Primus Power gas is tri gas too so nothing special there apart from the high prices they charge for it).

Keep away from stoves where the burner sits on top of the canister, go for 'remote' canister stoves where you can invert the gas cans to help the combustion process.

My stoves of choice are a Trangia and a Primus Omnifuel which burns naptha/paraffin/diesel and gas, (Petroleum/Benzin/Kocherbenzin ) and gives about kw of controllable power :)

For years I was all about the Trangia (baby) but moved away, I'm now back to meths but using the wee pots with a simple frame and windshield. I also went through a 'phase' of using my Coleman dual fuel, its whatever works. I've also got gas/gel/hexy blah blah blah options. Its fun to play. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back