• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Gaza.

Half cocked

Quite Addicted
With the invasion of Ukraine, governments from all of Europe and the US have come together in a show of unity not seen since
the second world war.
I am watching the news on Aljazeera and had no idea that the Israeli Defence Force (now that's what I call a misnomer ) had shot and killed
2 Palestinians 16 and 20yrs. Obviously, the Russian invasion has all news agencies focussed on Ukraine and the horror that is being committed there.

I think that we have all been acclimatised to the Apartheid being committed by Isreal on Palestine, but there is no Palestine anymore,
it shows on no map. All that is left are the Gaza Strip, The West Bank and a small enclave in East Jerusalem.

Without going into a monologue, my point is the Governments that have been galvanised by the Russian invasion have come together
in a united front. Why has the world forgotten about the largest open prison in the world?

I think that it’s that Ukraine is just a little bit closer to home, its more of an affront to NATO and frankly Russia is the old Cold War threat. The Gaza conflict is compounded by media fatigue, its gone on too long and has become normal. As far as I know there has been fighting there since 1948.

I think that it’s that Ukraine is just a little bit closer to home, its more of an affront to NATO and frankly Russia is the old Cold War threat. The Gaza conflict is compounded by media fatigue, its gone on too long and has become normal. As far as I know there has been fighting there since 1948.
It's a good point that you make Mike, media fatigue is a very apt assessment of "nothing to see here" and carry on regardless.
We screamed blue murder at South Africa for decades about their treatment of black South Africans, but there is no united
condemnation of Israel's treatment of another dark-skinned population.
And it makes me sick!

It's a good point that you make Mike, media fatigue is a very apt assessment of "nothing to see here" and carry on regardless.
We screamed blue murder at South Africa for decades about their treatment of black South Africans, but there is no united
condemnation of Israel's treatment of another dark-skinned population.
And it makes me sick!
It may be a little bit of an oversimplification to blame it entirely on race as a lot of the population of the West Bank and Israel are genetically quite similar though they have completely different perspectives. There is a very long history of problems mainly caused by white European politicians rushing to assuage their guilt after the holocaust by giving the Jewish people what they consider to be their traditional homeland. it should also be remembered that back in the mists of time it was Isreal that was attacked first. They were not the original aggressors but that is not to say that occupied territories shouldn’t have been given back. The current “settlements” are an unhelpful provocation.

It may be a little bit of an oversimplification to blame it entirely on race as a lot of the population of the West Bank and Israel are genetically quite similar though they have completely different perspectives. There is a very long history of problems mainly caused by white European politicians rushing to assuage their guilt after the holocaust by giving the Jewish people what they consider to be their traditional homeland. it should also be remembered that back in the mists of time it was Isreal that was attacked first. They were not the original aggressors but that is not to say that occupied territories shouldn’t have been given back. The current “settlements” are an unhelpful provocation.
Correct Mike, they were attacked first by all the Arab nations at one time or another. The reason for the attacks was in its way the fault of the British
governments ripping Palastine in two.
But what Isreal is doing now is what we are watching in Ukraine, they have slowly but comprehensively bombed the Gaza strip, building settlements
on what is left of the West Bank and holding the entire population in what amounts to the world's largest open prison.

Back