• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Gelert Polycotton Navajo tents

Looking good Lol.
Lovely spot too how long did you stop over?
Have you run a hose pipe over it yet.......just in case.

I weathered it as soon as I had bought it and set it up in the garden. All just beaded off as one may expect from new polycotton?
It was a two day, one (afternoon and) night trip, punting the current and wind (!) back up river to the car took most of the day!!

Trip : My first verse.......2 days on the Suffolk Stour

Taking the bell tent for it's first serious outing in June for a short week to the Broads (canoeing) and use as a base: this time two up, not solo:)

Last edited:
stour trip...

Attachments

• solo camp 2018 2 (2).jpg
    solo camp 2018 2 (2).jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 152
  • solo camp 2018 Bures.jpg
    solo camp 2018 Bures.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 201
At the time of writing, the dreaded SD are selling at a gut wrenching £169...………….I paid £179 a month or so ago via ebay reseller, and list is a way too much, eyewatering £499

Looks like the Gelert Navajo 4 is now unobtanium?

Good one, someone emailed me only yesterday, through UK Campsite, saying they couldn't find any, and certainly yesterday F and T were not advertising them.
I have let them know, thank you.

Well, having waxed lyrical, deservedly so, over the Navajo 4 I bought ( at the price), I am now going to muddy the waters a bit: npo problem with the Gelert Navajo 4 at all, far from it.........it's just that I have just managed to acquire an unopened Robens Fairbanks, at an....."acceptable" price.

Each tent has some advantages over the other, and both share a "fault", but generally I feel that the Fairbanks is a little bit better in the quality of the weave and the pole not coming in the tent (mind you the Gelert has a ZIG not SIG like the Fairbanks)....small things, but again at the price, I couldn't and didn't say no............so I guess I'm going to have to rehome the Navajo 4?

I have been looking at the Fairbanks for some time as well............ @lol
It is a quality............ well-made............ bit of kit........... and offers plenty of space and shelter............excellent in the wind too......and warmer in the cooler months.
Big fan of Polly cotton :thumbsup:
The sewn in groundsheet will keep the draughts and bugs out ;)

Easy to put up and take down by the looks of things........as is my Lux Megahorn 11........which I am now selling.

I must admit that I don't own a polyester tent......I have in years gone by, but all mine are now cotton or polycotton..............:)

Last edited by a moderator:
JUST IN CASE anyone has been considering my Gelert Navajo 4 as discussed somewhere?........a potential buyer has expressed an interest, and I'm pretty SURE it will be for re sale at a higher price and not usage...……..
SO...if anyone here wants it, say so NOW ……………….:)

Back