• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

General banter and nonsense thread

Thought I would share this as just realised what Mrs RWS has put up with over 45+ year`s as many of our wives & partners probably have :)
Went to a RFD this morning, with a long term friend who wants to get into air rifles, been round mine shooting targets in garden for something to do over the last couple of years during covid etc.
He decided it was now time to have his own air rifle bought a HW95 .177.
I came home at about 18:30ish from field, gun on shoulder as always Mrs RWS sort the dogs out first, don`t let anything you shot drip blood on the patio and don`t bash the wall when you put that in your cabinet :rolleyes::rolleyes: , (yep ok).
20 min later, got a potential lodger at the house, apparently my mates missus went f###in nuts ,freaked the beans, he bought a gun, after loads of time on the phone between himself and SWMBO, much consumption of Capt Morgans (spiced, diet coke on my and Mrs RWS behalf).
My mate finally pissed off at 23:45ish, after loads of phone slaver.
I am now in receipt, looking after a boxed :177, HW95 until he can take it back Monday, promising SWMBO never to do it again.
We`ve known this guy, wife kids, grandkids for 15 -20 years, nights out, weekends away, meals, BBQ`S never knew he was a total nob, :poo: scared of his missus.
Positive, not got a lodger, do I offer a knockdown price for the HW95 :thumbsup:,
Negative, gave him a confidential, told him he`s spineless etc, etc, don`t think he`ll be round again ??

Thought I would share this as just realised what Mrs RWS has put up with over 45+ year`s as many of our wives & partners probably have :)
Went to a RFD this morning, with a long term friend who wants to get into air rifles, been round mine shooting targets in garden for something to do over the last couple of years during covid etc.
He decided it was now time to have his own air rifle bought a HW95 .177.
I came home at about 18:30ish from field, gun on shoulder as always Mrs RWS sort the dogs out first, don`t let anything you shot drip blood on the patio and don`t bash the wall when you put that in your cabinet :rolleyes::rolleyes: , (yep ok).
20 min later, got a potential lodger at the house, apparently my mates missus went f###in nuts ,freaked the beans, he bought a gun, after loads of time on the phone between himself and SWMBO, much consumption of Capt Morgans (spiced, diet coke on my and Mrs RWS behalf).
My mate finally pissed off at 23:45ish, after loads of phone slaver.
I am now in receipt, looking after a boxed :177, HW95 until he can take it back Monday, promising SWMBO never to do it again.
We`ve known this guy, wife kids, grandkids for 15 -20 years, nights out, weekends away, meals, BBQ`S never knew he was a total nob, :poo: scared of his missus.
Positive, not got a lodger, do I offer a knockdown price for the HW95 :thumbsup:,
Negative, gave him a confidential, told him he`s spineless etc, etc, don`t think he`ll be round again ??
Difficult situation finding yourselves in the middle of someone else’s domestic argument. Other peoples relationships can often seem a bit weird from the outside but I‘m sure it’ll all sort itself out. He’s going to have to come around to your place to get the rifle off you….spineless or not, if you can’t speak the truth to a friend then who can you speak it to.

Last edited:
Yup that’s a difficult situation to be in, hopefully it’s all sorted now,,

Buying stuff like camping, fishing and hunting gear always cost me double, as a new hover or gazebo must be bought 🤷🏼‍♂️ Only fair she says… bloody kids have cracked onto it as well 🤔

Difficult situation finding yourselves in the middle of someone else’s domestic argument. Other peoples relationships can often seem a bit weird from the outside but I‘m sure it’ll all sort itself out. He’s going to have to come around to your place to get the rifle off you….spineless or not, if you can’t speak the truth to a friend then who can you speak it to.
The only part of this I find difficult to comprehend is why would anyone drink more than one of those Capt. Morgans spiced rums….🤢🤢🤢🤮

Last edited:
709A26A4-5C19-43D7-92CF-C03F627ECABB.gif
😂😂😂😂😂

Back