• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

General shooting license revoked !!!!!

Had a mail from BASC this morning re this one.......certainly caused a bit of a stir.
Covers 16 species of birds apparently.
Talk about short notice and timing.

Had a mail from BASC this morning re this one.......certainly caused a bit of a stir.
Covers 16 species of birds apparently.
Talk about short notice and timing.
exactly Bill and just at the wrong time of year

Brancher time coming up fast too.....best time there is to thin them out.
The farms I shoot are littered with Rooks and Crows and the amount of grain/feed they lose is a real concern....not to mention expensive.
Crazy dropping it on people at this time of the year.

Your right......it will cause a stink.

Brancher time coming up fast too.....best time there is to thin them out.
The farms I shoot are littered with Rooks and Crows and the amount of grain/feed they lose is a real concern....not to mention expensive.
Crazy dropping it on people at this time of the year.

Your right......it will cause a stink.
Not just the grain eaten either but also contaminated with their droppings

You could all come to Wales to shoot, it seems we are unaffected this time. Natural Resources Wales are already up to their necks in doodoo after not renewing game bird shooting rights over Welsh Assembly land, it seems that they dodged this particular bullet since they were not explicitly named in the legal action.
I'm guessing that the next couple of days in England will be carnage as shooters try to get in ahead of the ban.

The general licence relating to CARRION CROWS is now in place according to English Nature, no need for any other action before commencing shooting, more licences to follow in a fortnight. The online application process for licences to control other pest species isn't working very well (I think it's a bit swamped) but when it does work it's just a simple formality.

Back