• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Genuine British Army Scorpion, Fox, CVRVT Fighting vehicle crew shelter.

Madriverrob

Extremely Addicted
I have one of these available ( belongs to a mate ).
They are rare as hen's teeth and would fit on the side of Landrover or high sided vehicle or can be free standing , would probably be able to be modded to tale a stove jack .......

He's looking for £250 delivered

army-tank-crew-shelter-tent-pavillion_360_95fa25e6d22611e958ee226a397719de.jpg

Anyone interested ??

That picture is a stock image and it doesn’t come with the AFV 😁. I have some other pictures and could put it up to take more or a video … it’s been on Ops #sas#afghan#specialforces#antmiddleton 😂

I’ve seen it up , some stains but not major and may wash out , rubber base is immaculate, all zips and tie outs in working order .

You’ll struggle to find one of these nowadays….

There’s no rush I’m just testing the water 👍

Pushed out some big snores in one of these; always set up on the right hand side of the vehicle in the hope of not getting squished!

if you want one for a land rover be advised they don’t fold up that small!

We used to have the big daddy to that when I was attached to 2 RTR back in the days when we had Centurions, not as posh as that one with ties instead of zips and no nice groundsheet. It used to stink like a polecats arse with as full crew farting and belching in there
bridgelayer.jpg

One of these things used to be my home on exercises

Strong shelter.

A nice heavy duty ridge line and it will stand well....... hung between a couple of trees......if it was not practical or possible to use on the Land rover at the time :)
Would be easy enough to add a stove jack and sort out some more ventilation.
Sewn in ground sheet is a bonus and very tuff.

I can see you and Gavin in that @Matt 🤔:rofl:

We used to have the big daddy to that when I was attached to 2 RTR back in the days when we had Centurions, not as posh as that one with ties instead of zips and no nice groundsheet. It used to stink like a polecats arse with as full crew farting and belching in there
View attachment 39349
One of these things used to be my home on exercises

I was posted to 32 Armoured Engineer Regiment in Osnabruck in the late 80' s.......4RTR were there then .

Strong shelter.

A nice heavy duty ridge line and it will stand well....... hung between a couple of trees......if it was not practical or possible to use on the Land rover at the time :)
Would be easy enough to add a stove jack and sort out some more ventilation.
Sewn in ground sheet is a bonus and very tuff.

I can see you and Gavin in that @Matt 🤔:rofl:

I have seen them self standing using two poles at the rear

Used to have one Rob......nice bit of kit......mice got to it in my old shed a few years ago now and buggered it :(
But I salvaged the rubberised ground sheet which was not touched...... I have cut it into sections to use as footprints/ground sheets for other shelters now :)

Heavy and bulky.....but for a long stay camp out......nice :)

Back