• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Getting eager to get away

28kg will burn the calories... I see you have an 'old school' maglite. Have you tried these ????

Mini Flashlight, Rcool 2000LM CREE Q5 3 Modes LED Torch Zoomable AA/14500 Battery (Not Included) Black: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

For the record, they are NOT 2000 lumens, even with a 14500 battery in them, they do kick out a lot of light though. I've got some that are very similar, they were selling for under 2 quid at the time but even 3 quid is a lot of torch for your money.

Looking forward to the trip mate.

Then again its not as bad as Catterick

I disagree; Otterburn training area is the worst place on earth. It’s either bleak moorland with no shelter and bottomless bogs or impenetrable wood blocks full of midges. The weather seems to switch between Baltic cold and wet or baking hot, often several times a day!

I disagree; Otterburn training area is the worst place on earth. It’s either bleak moorland with no shelter and bottomless bogs or impenetrable wood blocks full of midges. The weather seems to switch between Baltic cold and wet or baking hot, often several times a day!

HHHmmm i thought Senta camp near sennybridge was bad :cool:

I will say one thing Rabbit Wood (Catterick) in December :/ Lets put it this way agree to disagree but im sure we agree they are all bloody awful :)

Amazing trip.........look forward to hearing and seeing all about it? I get excited about just 1 night trips in the canoe!o_O

28kg will burn the calories... I see you have an 'old school' maglite. Have you tried these ????

Mini Flashlight, Rcool 2000LM CREE Q5 3 Modes LED Torch Zoomable AA/14500 Battery (Not Included) Black: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

For the record, they are NOT 2000 lumens, even with a 14500 battery in them, they do kick out a lot of light though. I've got some that are very similar, they were selling for under 2 quid at the time but even 3 quid is a lot of torch for your money.

Looking forward to the trip mate.
Geez 45 pence thats mad :) obviously delivery added still cheap as chips. Sadly itll be late for my walk but im gonna get one i reckon. Thanks for the recommendation :) i have a head torch and some mini cyalumes to take with me too. I wont need much in tge way of lighting. If you have any idea on night vision i would be interested in that. I have an app on my phone isnt too bad but i know there is better out there.

Geez 45 pence thats mad :) obviously delivery added still cheap as chips. Sadly itll be late for my walk but im gonna get one i reckon. Thanks for the recommendation :) i have a head torch and some mini cyalumes to take with me too. I wont need much in tge way of lighting. If you have any idea on night vision i would be interested in that. I have an app on my phone isnt too bad but i know there is better out there.
Sorry mate, can't help with the night vision stuff. Those torches are great though, they're designed for the 14500 batteries, same as anything, you can get cheap ones or you can get better quality ones, they kick out a lot of light as they're 3.7v instead of 2.2-2.5. There is also the big brother's that take a 18650 battery, they're worth a look.

Enjoy the trip mate.

Have a look at Bresser..... I may have one for sale...... If it suits..... Handheld.

Sorry mate, can't help with the night vision stuff. Those torches are great though, they're designed for the 14500 batteries, same as anything, you can get cheap ones or you can get better quality ones, they kick out a lot of light as they're 3.7v instead of 2.2-2.5. There is also the big brother's that take a 18650 battery, they're worth a look.

Enjoy the trip mate.
Ordered one cheers

Reactions: Bam
Back