• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Getting old 🥺

Madriverrob

Extremely Addicted
I had plans to recce some disused military bunker sites as possible wild camp spots this weekend . I woke up at 3am Saturday morning with a really sore right hip , adjusted position and fell back asleep 💤. When I woke up around 8am my hip was pulsating with pain and I couldn’t walk properly . Recce duly cancelled . I’ve hobbled around all weekend an now it just about appears back to normal except my left knee is now hurting as a result of all hobbling ... am I getting old I ask myself ??😤

Being old is medical condition Rob....some years ago I had to abandon a long distance walk, last day too.... Hobbled into the local A&E Dept....xrayed and the lady Doctor said, " Stress fracture"..... "Strange" I said, " I haven't stumbled, tripped or anything"
She said " You have walked a long way, your back pack is heavy and....you're old"...

There you go, medical diagnosis...You're old.... :rofl: :rofl:

A nice tot of 3 in 1 in the mornings......and start using WD40 for your deodorant.

I had to visit my Dr the other day......he said.......its nearly 12 years since we saw you last??.......I said yes I know.............sorry about that......................... have been ill 🤭

I think it brings it home that we are advancing in years.....when that large brown envelope comes through the letter box.
The one thats like a little gardening kit.
We would like a sample of your stools over the next 3 staggered days....... it says :)

REALLY??

I remember trying to reach around and trying to capture the much needed turd in a folded piece of toilet paper......trying not to get a slapped wrist.
Then.....with the provided wooden spatular trying to take a small piece and smear it into the very small sample window.....not easy.......then you question yourself......is that enough.....or should I try and force a bit more in.

After the first attempt I got fed up......and was very close to shitting directly into the envelope and sending the lot back in one :D

Not had the pleasure of the envelope and kit yet????.........ohhh you have a treat to look forward to :rofl::rofl:🤭

I had plans to recce some disused military bunker sites as possible wild camp spots this weekend . I woke up at 3am Saturday morning with a really sore right hip , adjusted position and fell back asleep 💤. When I woke up around 8am my hip was pulsating with pain and I couldn’t walk properly . Recce duly cancelled . I’ve hobbled around all weekend an now it just about appears back to normal except my left knee is now hurting as a result of all hobbling ... am I getting old I ask myself ??😤
Join the club Rob, I was originally diagnosed with hip problems mate because of the same issues you've described but absolutely no problems with either hip. What the MRI showed was that I have a degenerative spinal disease which causes severe pain in both hips and left leg. I'm not saying that is the case with you but you do need to get it properly checked

Last edited:
I think it brings it home that we are advancing in years.....when that large brown envelope comes through the letter box.
We would like a sample of your stools over the next 3 staggered days....... it says :)

REALLY??

I remember trying to reach around and trying to capture the much needed turd in a folded piece of toilet paper......trying not to get a slapped wrist.
Then.....with the provided wooden spatular trying to take a small piece and smear it into the very small sample window.....not easy.......then you question yourself......is that enough.....or should I try and force a bit more in.

After the first attempt I got fed up......and was very close to shitting directly into the envelope and sending the lot back in one :D

Not had the pleasure of the envelope and kit yet????.........ohhh you have a treat to look forward to :rofl::rofl:🤭

It will need to be big envelope to get three stools in !! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Bam
I have had three sets of samples done over six years. Someone has a really interesting job! I believe they are checking for bowel cancer. So far I have heard nothing so hopefully that's a good sign.

REALLY??

It's far better than the Bowel Scope; as in telescope (at least that's what it felt like, eyes still watering now) Just sayin'😱🤭

REALLY??

When I got my test kit through (sounds a bit different to yours, maybe slightly different in Scotland) I was winding up the missus that she'd have to be 'underneath' to try and catch it in the wee vial thing. "Bomb aimer to ground control.... left a bit.... right a bit.... torpedo los" even though she knew I was talking bollox, she still bit. :lol:

Yup!! The camera through the corse and verse 😳 it’s an experience,
1600681191673.gif

Back