• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Glampers.

Having broken my back I find I'm glamping more nowadays, I still have my hammock, tarp etc in my van but not being able to carry a pack anymore I have to resign myself to a tent next to the van. I've even installed a lesuire battery and a 3,000 watt inverter to run a cold box, electric kettle and a toaster but I'm obviously not going to mention that bit. ....oh bugger I just did lol

I have seen a roof attachment for vans which has a couple of poles sticking out the side of the van and you hang a hammock from it.
When I am not messing around in the woods I have a camper van so I am not one to judge.
(Welcome to the forum)
Clive

Off with my partner, and the ( Blacks Solace) bell tent and canoe to the Broads next week, yay!!

Ooh, and another option, last week...…..

Attachments

• solo camp 2018 2 (2).jpg
    solo camp 2018 2 (2).jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 225
Off with my partner, and the ( Blacks Solace) bell tent and canoe to the Broads next week, yay!!

Ooh, and another option, last week...…..
Sadly I ill be staying in a hotel in Malta all next week, all that sunshine and fresh food. Life is hell:whistle::whistle::whistle:

A lot of my camping is nowadays centred around re-enactment , I do medieval stuff. As I portray a simple carpenter I sleep under my canvas awning surrounded by tools , shavings and bits of wood. Though as a whole our group has now slipped down the social ladder a little we used to have at least one tent done up a bit more "up market" or higher status. It had carpets , curtains ,tableware and furniture including an oak double bed that I made as a wedding present for the couple who used the tent. I have people standing by my awning with my mattress and blankets in full view asking me where I sleep at night and we'd also get the same questions I front of the posh tent.
With regards to the modern idea of glamping I've got mixed feelings . On one hand I feel it's good that the outside world is being introduced to those who otherwise probably wouldn't go but then if they don't use that as a starting point to go a little more basic then it seems a waste of time and frankly for the money one pays to glamp it's just as cheap to use a hotel.

I think Glamping in general is more for family outings.
Having said that.....a nice bell tent with all the trimmings and gadgets makes a change in the wild.
Budget......and time/effort needed to glamp is down to the individual I suppose.

We have another member here into re-inactment....@Hagrid

Put some pictures up of your meets....be interesting to see and share them.

Have to admit?...will be "glamping" a bit this coming week with partner....taking (a nice...) bell tent and canoe to the Broads...….and a CAR load of stuff!!:eek:

-a bit more space than the lavvu!!!

For my next professional tour to france I bought a 10 € Decathlon hammoc and a 25 € Tarp to cover it, and two stainless steel coffee pots!
With Tarp over the Table, two chairs, two one person tents with trekking air mats, new Jungle bags and coffe bar I think to be very well equipped for this expedition.

And, on top of it, since longer times I own an Opinel folding OYSTER KNIFE.

So, may be, I am - from time to time - a glamper too!

WP_20170907_10_02_03_Pro.jpg

Oh, wrong picture!

Four days of canoeing and camping with my partner, so made it a bit of a "glamp" with our bell tent in N Norfolk. Fabulous!! :D

Attachments

• Blacks Solace and awning.JPG
    Blacks Solace and awning.JPG
    277.4 KB · Views: 177
  • Launch Honing canal ditch.JPG
    Launch Honing canal ditch.JPG
    442.8 KB · Views: 218
I suspect I would be a glamper at heart. I recognised long ago that I like my little comforts...the champagne needs to be chilled and the caviar must be served with fresh crisp toast....;)
I'm also not much of a traveller these days. While I often have to go away to work I can't wait to get home...I suppose I'm a bit of a trapdoor spider type, not the carefree wayfarer type.:whistle:

Last edited:
(More of...) Glamping with my partner whilst canoeing part of the Broads in June.. So quiet...........

Attachments

• Canal Camp campsite Dilham.JPG
    Canal Camp campsite Dilham.JPG
    230.2 KB · Views: 174
(More of...) Glamping with my partner whilst canoeing part of the Broads in June.. So quiet...........
Lovely photos Lol but come on a summer meet with us and do some proper camping:rofl: Actually that's a nice set up you have there

Back