• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Glampers.

Blooody 'ell....YAHAY!

Just leaves the what where when how..............

Glamping time again next week with partner and canoe...........and bell tent!

Attachments

• Solace and awning Dilham.JPG
    Solace and awning Dilham.JPG
    240.8 KB · Views: 198
@lol

Heres hoping you and your partner have a great trip and some nice weather to go with it :thumbsup:
With that setup.......you are covered (pun intended:D) for anything......very nice indeed.
Where are you off too.....and for how long?
Do you intend to move around or are staying static?

Look forward to seeing some pictures.....if you can pop onto the forum with pictures and updates while you are away it would be good to share in them mate:)

Have a good one!!!:D

Cheers!....though desperate for a little solo trip.....perhaps late sept/oct...........lavvu time!
@lol

Heres hoping you and your partner have a great trip and some nice weather to go with it :thumbsup:
With that setup.......you are covered (pun intended:D) for anything......very nice indeed.
Where are you off too.....and for how long?
Do you intend to move around or are staying static?

Look forward to seeing some pictures.....if you can pop onto the forum with pictures and updates while you are away it would be good to share in them mate:)

Have a good one!!!:D

4 nights in the Broads, using that as a base., (Sarah won't go where's there's no hot showers!!.)....will be exploring Barton Broad, further down the River Ant from trip earlier in the summer. Using same v. secluded site at Dilham as before, if people know that way?
Won't have update facilities while away but will do when back....very dull, I'd have thought?

Now back and a truly wonderful time canoeing the northern Broads (Ant, Barton Broad, a bit of the Bure?)...so wonderful we stayed an extra day!:thumbsup:

Met some fabulous people, saw some beautiful places that would be missed without a canoe, such as Wood End staithe on Barton Broad......and amongst the otters and kingfishers, and buzzards and harrier (1)....we saw near Barton Turf staithe .......a bittern........... as it rose up adjacent to the canoe ....
Weather fine, cold one night in particular, windy and wet one day..........tent and sleeping bags(the Solace and awning again) perfect. Can't wait to go again:thumbsup::)

We "glamped" it a bit, wasn't bushcrafty, save the firestand and cutting wood up with my axe! but am going to repeat as often as poss., using the campsite( 2-3 tents in ACRES!) at Dilham as a base to day paddle the Broads /rivers/meres, that can be conveniently reached from it........then re locate further south perhaps? So, so much to explore on the water there..........
(If I've inserted too many pictures, perhaps the moderators would be so good as to delete as required, sorry.....)

Attachments

• DSC00479.JPG
    DSC00479.JPG
    353.3 KB · Views: 223
  • DSC00487.JPG
    DSC00487.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 204
  • DSC00492.JPG
    DSC00492.JPG
    174.2 KB · Views: 225
  • DSC00493.JPG
    DSC00493.JPG
    374.5 KB · Views: 224
  • sept 2018 Dilham 3.jpg
    sept 2018 Dilham 3.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 203
  • sept 2018 wood end staithe Barton Broad.JPG
    sept 2018 wood end staithe Barton Broad.JPG
    451.1 KB · Views: 203
Now back and a truly wonderful time canoeing the northern Broads (Ant, Barton Broad, a bit of the Bure?)...so wonderful we stayed an extra day!:thumbsup:

Met some fabulous people, saw some beautiful places that would be missed without a canoe, such as Wood End staithe on Barton Broad......and amongst the otters and kingfishers, and buzzards and harrier (1)....we saw near Barton Turf staithe .......a bittern........... as it rose up adjacent to the canoe ....
Weather fine, cold one night in particular, windy and wet one day..........tent and sleeping bags(the Solace and awning again) perfect. Can't wait to go again:thumbsup::)

We "glamped" it a bit, wasn't bushcrafty, save the firestand and cutting wood up with my axe! but am going to repeat as often as poss., using the campsite( 2-3 tents in ACRES!) at Dilham as a base to day paddle the Broads /rivers/meres, that can be conveniently reached from it........then re locate further south perhaps? So, so much to explore on the water there..........
(If I've inserted too many pictures, perhaps the moderators would be so good as to delete as required, sorry.....)
Glad you had a great time Lol, great write up mate and the photos are fine:thumbsup:

Hi Lol.

Loving your set up mate.....that really is very nice:thumbsup::)

Slipping down that river in the canoe must have been very peaceful.
I always feel sad when I see old wooden boats that have been neglected or just reached the end of their life and are abandoned :(
Thanks for sharing............. and for the pictures:thumbsup:

When you think that is an old wherry, and what work and what it must have seen. The creek /staithe is very remote and no one visits........am thinking......:sneaky::whistle:...................

For Ark...………...keeping it compact, all goes into the Lk35......or on this., a "buzzrack"..……….https://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/articles/view.asp?id=993

(Real bush crafty....in my defence I do use a lavvu, but this is the glamping thread!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:)

Attachments

• japio 2 (2).jpg
    japio 2 (2).jpg
    245 KB · Views: 168
  • Dilham sept 2019.jpg
    Dilham sept 2019.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 171
Weirdly....as that tent goes...……….another one (slightly smaller!)…..arrived? Weird :rolleyes:

Back