• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

glamping in somerset

Matt

Site Owner
Staff member
we guys ...im of glamping next weekend in somerset:)....will be strange sleeping in a tent (as its a proper camp site )its a meet for our sister site (shooting)

i will try and introduce some bushy skills to the guys going but im not holding out much hope :D

Well Matt, have a great time in Somerset, I'll be at the shooting meet in DORSET:rolleyes::D:D

Was going to say where you going then lol lets hope the weather is good for you guys.

I'll show you glamping Matt, I'm bringing a gas fridge, gas heater and cooker. A camp bed laid out in the back of my wagon and I'm in the process of cutting up some foil backed insulation roll I got from Wickes to do the inside of the windows. I may even bring some planks so I can get the car parked level as I spent the night last time with the blood slowly rushing to my head:D
I may even bring the DVD player and plug it into my inverter:eek:

I'll show you glamping Matt, I'm bringing a gas fridge, gas heater and cooker. A camp bed laid out in the back of my wagon and I'm in the process of cutting up some foil backed insulation roll I got from Wickes to do the inside of the windows. I may even bring some planks so I can get the car parked level as I spent the night last time with the blood slowly rushing to my head:D
I may even bring the DVD player and plug it into my inverter:eek:

pmsl@ian

Wait till you get to plymouth and you have to get everything inc your food/drink in a rucksack :)

Trouble is mate, I'm not joking:eek:.

I do like bushcraft and getting back to my roots, but I also like camping and the technology and kit possibilities on a fairly small budget.

I know mate we all love our comforts for sure, my first visit to plymouth I was like a pack horse but since started to reduce the kit big time so hoping on my next visit it will just be a rucksac if I can get some rat packs otherwise will be a bag aswell with food in.

All I can think of is Cider ................. is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Glad I don't drink other wise that would be something else to carry.

lol Gazo it always weighs less when you carry it out ;)

All I can think of is Cider ................. is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Why do you think I bought a fridge;)

Seriously though, I am very interested to see what little kit I can survive on when I get to go to Plymouth but this trip is camping, so if it fits in the van it comes along, plus I want to see if my portable DVD player's in built digital receiver works, I can't get a signal with it round here but we still have the old analogue signal being transmitted so it is purely experimental:eek:

Last edited:
ive got a sat dish and reciever box that works of 12v ian .....fancey some exotic channels pmsl

awwww that just paints the wrong picture!!! Blue oyster club styley

What happened to the big frame tent I gave you Lloyd? That worked a treat last time.

Back