• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

glamping in somerset

its in my garage lol just cant be arsed to put it up seeing as barry's 2 tents are up.so will either doss in one of the scrap vans in the paddock or in my day tent that'll be on the shooting point for shelter

if you wanted really good insulation mate then buy a sheet of four inch celotex, keep the heat trapped in, in the winter. and the sun out in the summer

if you wanted really good insulation mate then buy a sheet of four inch celotex, keep the heat trapped in, in the winter. and the sun out in the summer

A few problems there mate, firstly it is very expensive, then you have the problem of carting it all around and then there is making it fit to your windows. It is good stuff though I'll give you that.
This stuff is very flexible, it's basically very strong bubble wrap with a foil backing. I've just about had enough on one roll to do double thickness all the way round, now all I need is a way of fixing it to the windows, I want some suction cups but can't find any suitable so seeing as it is short notice I'll have to use blu-tac if I can't find my self adhesive velcro stuff.

The car isn't really that cold, I camped in it back in October and one night I awoke feeling a bit chilly (duvet had started to fall off:eek:), I had camper van insulation on the front windows and sheets hanging around the sides and back. This time I reckon I'll have more than enough heat as I've got the insulation, a couple of cheap roll mats, my Czech army sleeping bag and a great big quilted packing blanket. If it gets really bad I've got a gas heater I can flick on but I doubt I'll need it and I wouldn't risk leaving it on all night.

think i best pack the canoe with all the rain we are having down this way at the moment:D

Have faith, it'll dry up a bit for the weekend I reckon;)

I'm getting quite excited about this now. Last time I slept in my car it was so disorganised with sheets hanging down from the windows and loads of crap everywhere. This time I am going to do it properly. I've cut the insulation to size and am cutting down on the crap and organising everything into boxes. My main trouble is somewhere to store my guns:eek:

drivers seat when sleeping or on your bed when driving lol

That's the trouble, I liked to sit in the driver's seat before going to bed last time, listen to the radio and have a few drinks. I guess if the back is made more comfortable I won't need the driver's seat this time, especially if I can find room for the DVD player:D (Already got my toolbox as a table:eek:)

well guys we are back from the shoot meet thingy in dorset.....was nice to meet a few new guys
could have done with dryer weather ..but we made best the situation....i decide to sleep in my jeep as i didn't want to get the canvas tent soaking wet and have to spend the next three days trying to dry it.......

all in all was a nice few days away ...matt

so you have Glamping .....
but have you seen Glamhunting ?????????????

DSC_0066.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0066.jpg
    DSC_0066.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 156
A few pics of my Glamping Palace:D

Attachments

• AS Spring meet 2012 002.jpg
    AS Spring meet 2012 002.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 131
  • AS Spring meet 2012 003.jpg
    AS Spring meet 2012 003.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 132
  • AS Spring meet 2012 021.jpg
    AS Spring meet 2012 021.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 135
  • AS Spring meet 2012 004.jpg
    AS Spring meet 2012 004.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 206
did you guys find the pasty,s i left in barry,s caravan?:)

Yes mate, had one yesterday and one today, very nice too:D

Thanks for that Matt and was really good to meet you guys, we had a great day on Saturday, shame you missed it and the stew I did, rabbit, beef and pigeon with dumplings:p

thought you mite make use of the pigeon.....thats why i left it there for you mate ..was good to finally meet you and jaruus mate made it worth the journey:)

Pics of the stew:D:D:D

Attachments

• AS Spring meet 2012 013.jpg
    AS Spring meet 2012 013.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 134
  • AS Spring meet 2012 017.jpg
    AS Spring meet 2012 017.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 129
  • AS Spring meet 2012 016.jpg
    AS Spring meet 2012 016.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 131
Back