• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Glow Sticks

Joecole

Very Obsessed
There can't be many of us who at sometime haven't tripped over a tent peg in the dark so a lot of people have taken to using glow sticks after all we're only wild camping not going covert. Well a far cheaper way of doing it is to use the cheap solar lights sold in any garden centre

Aldi, Lidl, decathlon and go outdoors all sell luminous guy lines or you can buy a roll of luminous tape that can be used to mark items.

At hallowe’en you will probably find lots of pound shops selling glow in the dark stars, skulls and ghosts which are can be used on guy lines/pegs or anything else you want to find in the dark.

Aldi, Lidl, decathlon and go outdoors all sell luminous guy lines or you can buy a roll of luminous tape that can be used to mark items.

At hallowe’en you will probably find lots of pound shops selling glow in the dark stars, skulls and ghosts which are can be used on guy lines/pegs or anything else you want to find in the dark.
A good response 38:thumbsup:

Another option is to use white guy lines and a UV torch. I carry a UV torch for tracking anyway so why not make it duel purpose. It isn't bright enough to wake others but will make any white objects appear fluorescent

Another option is to use white guy lines and a UV torch. I carry a UV torch for tracking anyway so why not make it duel purpose. It isn't bright enough to wake others but will make any white objects appear fluorescent

another good idea :cool:

Not as funny as the episode with a friends new one piece thermal all weather suit, oh yes he was chuffed with it. It happened on a freezing night beach fishing on the East Yorks coast, but I'm not sure the story is suitable for open forum lol.

Can't say I use glow sticks much. If I desperately need a light to read something (books, maps, compass ect) in the dark I use a torch.

Not as funny as the episode with a friends new one piece thermal all weather suit, oh yes he was chuffed with it. It happened on a freezing night beach fishing on the East Yorks coast, but I'm not sure the story is suitable for open forum lol.
They need a second short zipper parallel to the main long zipper for "emergency access". I can't wear them, they just make me boil inside them.

Back