• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

GloWarm Candle heater.

The candle heater has turned up.
Got to say the packaging was first class....care taken.
Had to smile when I found the little lighter inside.....Nice gesture and perfect for the job

Now have it ticking over and warming up....see just how warm it will get......stood on a soldering Matt because the base is said to get hot.....we will see.

Actually makes a nice decoration.

Attachments

• 20211210_140743.jpg
    20211210_140743.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 123
  • 20211210_141331.jpg
    20211210_141331.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 121
  • 20211210_141512.jpg
    20211210_141512.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 113
Yes it was.... Al :D

Initial burn did not go very well.....I used the candles the heater came with in the box.....not the best quality to be honest.......all the wicks on each candle burnt down to tiny stubs.....resulting in small flames from each :rolleyes:
I am this very minute trying some larger 10hr candles I had kicking around in the kit.......they are wider in circumference than the others....so I can only get two inside of the unit......but the flames are bigger and stronger.....at the moment......and I reckon giving equal heat as the 4.
It has been lit for about half an hour now giving the clay pot chance to heat up.....and is giving off a gentle heat......in the confines of a 4 season tents sleeping/living area it may just keep the internal space above freezing......which was the aim.

When I am next in town I will pick up some Bees Wax T lights to try......they burn a bit hotter :thumbsup:

Yes it was.... Al :D

Initial burn did not go very well.....I used the candles the heater came with in the box.....not the best quality to be honest.......all the wicks on each candle burnt down to tiny stubs.....resulting in small flames from each :rolleyes:
I am this very minute trying some larger 10hr candles I had kicking around in the kit.......they are wider in circumference than the others....so I can only get two inside of the unit......but the flames are bigger and stronger.....at the moment......and I reckon giving equal heat as the 4.
It has been lit for about half an hour now giving the clay pot chance to heat up.....and is giving off a gentle heat......in the confines of a 4 season tents sleeping/living area it may just keep the internal space above freezing......which was the aim.

When I am next in town I will pick up some Bees Wax T lights to try......they burn a bit hotter :thumbsup:
But does it warm the cutlery up sufficientry? 🙂

Back