• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

GloWarm Candle heater.

I had not planned on taking a thermometer along to be honest Al.......but now you have mentioned it......I will :thumbsup:
It would be good to see exactly how well it does.....or does not.....what difference it actually makes. :whistle:
As far as a dynamo goes I think I will pass on that.....I have enough trouble getting batteries the right way around in torches and the likes :)

Or……

Fix a peltier cell (Maplin) on one side of the heater, face the other side towards the colder outer wall of your tent and you may get enough juice to charge yer mobile. (use a diode to prevent reverse polarity).

With yer heater/thermomete/charger, I see you being the best equipped bloke at the meet up..😆👍🏻

Quote 1 shot: "Some other types like the UCO (example) offer 9hr candles but at nearly £6 for 3 (Average)......a tad expensive."

-I managed to get a bag of 25 long burn, awhile ago on line for about £6????????
I can't imagine these candle heaters give out much heat? (They seem expensive too?) Well 4 candles worth? Origo made an excellent (alcohol) heater stove, which apparently was very good at heating small campervans etc., according to some vids on U tube?

Origo made an excellent (alcohol) heater stove, which apparently was very good at heating small campervans etc., according to some vids on U tube?

They've shot up in price, I was looking at them just last week.

Good job I got loads then,:thumbsup:

Mind you I've just found a pack of 50 x 8hr ones for £5.50?
I think we're talking about different things, i thought you were on about the HeatPal 5100, at that price, I guess not lmao, what are you on about ?

• Haha
Reactions: lol
Indeed, what am I on about????:confused:

UCO.....make a candle light that takes tealights.........for a longer burn you can get 8-12 tealight candles, as per 50 pack for that candle heater?
Origo, who make the Heatpal........., excellent/effective bit of kit, but not cheap?

;)

Just saw these in Lidl …..

9294A7A5-59C6-495E-88DC-36FB3B7FF408.jpeg

I would love a woodburner/multifuel stove, I might have to check the regs, we're townies lol

Edit: the tinkerer in me wants to either butcher this one to hook up a usb charging cable to try, or buy another to try? get thee behind me Satan :evilstare::evilstare::evilstare:

I would love a woodburner/multifuel stove, I might have to check the regs, we're townies lol

Edit: the tinkerer in me wants to either butcher this one to hook up a usb charging cable to try, or buy another to try? get thee behind me Satan :evilstare::evilstare::evilstare:
@Bopdude

Get another while they are still there Al :thumbsup:.....good price and investment :thumbsup:

From what they are saying on the News about looming energy price increases.......there may be a rush to buy this kind of kit in the not so distant future 🤔
I have ordered 4 more of the Ikea Stainless Cutlery Caddies to have a go at a DIY version for just using in the house.

Last edited:
I bought something similar to the ikea drainer, it's a purpose made thing to go over a heat source, twin walled, meant to give off infra red heat, gonna try a 10 hour candle and fan with it, I don't hold out much hope?

Edit this one

OLT-EU Stove Heater Camping Mini Heater Portable Hiking Stove Heater Stainless Steel Tent Heating Cover with Handle Camping Warm Equipment Tent Heating Cover Tool https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08HYJRTRF/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_31AC37ZC8XS8MD95A7DR

I bought something similar to the ikea drainer, it's a purpose made thing to go over a heat source, twin walled, meant to give off infra red heat, gonna try a 10 hour candle and fan with it, I don't hold out much hope?

Edit this one

OLT-EU Stove Heater Camping Mini Heater Portable Hiking Stove Heater Stainless Steel Tent Heating Cover with Handle Camping Warm Equipment Tent Heating Cover Tool https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08HYJRTRF/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_31AC37ZC8XS8MD95A7DR

Worth a go Al :thumbsup:.....nothing to loose.....you will still have the option to use the gas if you think the candles are not enough for you :thumbsup:
Only after taking the chill off :thumbsup:

Back