• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Gone fishin'

I thought the apples looked a bit like "discovery"it's hard to tell for sure.
I usually skin eels and fry them but I don't remember eating one that small. We used to fish for conger eels off old shipwrecks. They were pretty big, big enough to feed the whole family on eel until we were sick of it.
Note to Mark, Woody caught something with a hobo reel, no more excuses.
I keep telling Mark that he's supposed to put a bloody hook on the end of the line but he doesn't listen. He probably thinks that if he throws that magnet of his into the water enough times he might be lucky enough to hit a fish on the head and stun it

A couldn’t find a emoji with the right finger so this will have to do joe:thumbsup::sneaky::rofl:

Not trying hard enough mate, the world of gifs is your friend......

giphy.gif

@Bam am crap at trying to get them on here

Bloody hell, you're staff too. :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I'm all over that fashizzle on the laptop but I'm clueless on my phone. I'm not an Apple cat so can't help you but seriously, someone out there will be willing to cut a brother some slack, Shirley....

224ad2a02d182e8b5abb02610ba4fea6.gif

Didnt catch anything but was a nice 5 hrs by the river broke my rod and that new mini pen rod is just useless.

Your not having much luck mate :( What species of fish you going for ?
Trout, suin, sole,plaice, dogfish, stuff I like to eat really. Got very old and decrepit kit. The rod was 5ft plastic from the 80s, reel was a massive beachcaster with 40lb line. Little pen rod i bought was about as strong as a mcdonalds paper straw. Tidal river with a lot of snags plus im no fisherman.

Trout, suin, sole,plaice, dogfish, stuff I like to eat really. Got very old and decrepit kit. The rod was 5ft plastic from the 80s, reel was a massive beachcaster with 40lb line. Little pen rod i bought was about as strong as a mcdonalds paper straw. Tidal river with a lot of snags plus im no fisherman.

As 1 shot said buddy at least your out :thumbsup: YouTube is your friend on this mate....full of great tips. Saying that you can try all the tricks in the book and if the fish aren’t biting there not biting:thumbsdown:

Tidal rivers are a bugger mate. As you said. Snags! Hate them lol. Could be worth it to target the bigger fish that lurk in and around them snags like pike and larger trout. For pike try a large bubble float with about 2 foot hook length and use dead bait. Large trout....get a bouncing Betty or a flying condom! .

I'm at Malvern wells on bank holiday Monday, Carmarthen antique & flea the following Sunday (1st Sept). I'll look out some bits and pieces to take along in case you're able to get there.

As 1 shot said buddy at least your out :thumbsup: YouTube is your friend on this mate....full of great tips. Saying that you can try all the tricks in the book and if the fish aren’t biting there not biting:thumbsdown:

Tidal rivers are a bugger mate. As you said. Snags! Hate them lol. Could be worth it to target the bigger fish that lurk in and around them snags like pike and larger trout. For pike try a large bubble float with about 2 foot hook length and use dead bait. Large trout....get a bouncing Betty or a flying condom! .
Thanks mate. I fish in that location because its free fishing. No licence or permit needed. Ill get something tomorrow and try your advice. Worm i have been using mainly but got some frozen eels That i will try too

Back