• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Gone fishin'

Thanks mate. I fish in that location because its free fishing. No licence or permit needed. Ill get something tomorrow and try your advice. Worm i have been using mainly but got some frozen eels That i will try too

If you can get your hands on some mackerel Jon....pike love it. Still I would air on the side of caution with my advice as am.....well!!!....am pish at fishing :rofl:

If you can get your hands on some mackerel Jon....pike love it. Still I would air on the side of caution with my advice as am.....well!!!....am pish at fishing :rofl:
As long as it gets you out in the fresh air where you can have a small fire and a brew and be out from under Sharon's feet I don't think it matters that your not baiting your hook....after all, who wants to ruin their day by getting fishy hands?

As long as it gets you out in the fresh air where you can have a small fire and a brew and be out from under Sharon's feet I don't think it matters that your not baiting your hook....after all, who wants to ruin their day by getting fishy hands?
Not baiting his hook mike ! He doesn't even know what a hook looks like. The last time young Mark went pike fishing he was tying his line round the live baits tail

The last time young Mark went pike fishing he was tying his line round the live baits tail
Now that can work. Years ago with my friend Christabelle Ferret (his nickname) we were up at his next door neighbours lake, camping we had the rods and caught some perch. as he was reeling in a perch of about 3 inches a bigger bugger snapped it up and he pulled both fish out together!

Now that can work. Years ago with my friend Christabelle Ferret (his nickname) we were up at his next door neighbours lake, camping we had the rods and caught some perch. as he was reeling in a perch of about 3 inches a bigger bugger snapped it up and he pulled both fish out together!
I've done that while mackerel fishing woody when a little bass grabbed the mac

Got a borrow of this of a friend.
20190824_151836.jpg
20190824_151847.jpg

4.5 metre telescopic sea rod
Any advice?

Got a borrow of this of a friend.View attachment 18879View attachment 18880
4.5 metre telescopic sea rod
Any advice?
Exactly the same as one of my, telescopes down and will go in a suit case. You can obviously fish it with a real but its also long enough to be used as a pole for close in rock fishing, I would normally use 15 pound bs braid for that and maybe a size 2 or a 4 hook

Back