• Welcome to Life In The Wilderness

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Good Shtf Movie. Set In America.

lonewolf

Neo Luddite Prepared Survivalist.
why are they always set in America? there are other countries in the world.

Harry Palmer

Very Addicted
I decided that twenty minutes was enough of my life wasted watching the film, any zombies in it?

Keith

Very Addicted
why are they always set in America? there are other countries in the world.
Well not always perhaps, but certainly it seems that most are made in America. The best ones are British made, no one makes movies as good as the British movie makers. Even so, I think this gives a good representation of what it would be like in the cities, regardless of the scenario.
I kept thinking that they were not taking enough care, not using the cover available at times. But I have seen the real thing in riots, & some people really are this slack, unthinking.
Keith.

swamp rat

Extremely Talkative
I read a lot of audiobooks and it is the same they are mainly set in the US ,not saying they are bad in any way
but it is nice to be able to relate to the areas they are set in.
wish I could find more set in the UK

lonewolf

I found a fictional SHTF book set in the UK goes by the title of UKdark, haven't read the write up or ordered one yet, but it might be more relevant than all the US ones.

Harry Palmer

Very Addicted
The UKdark series is dirt cheap on Amazon which could be a reflection of the works quality?

How survivors carry on? Look at past major events such as the 'Black Death', life carries on, people rebuild...thats our nature and why we are at the top of the food chain.

lonewolf

yes there have always been survivors or none of us would be here today to talk about it.
I think what gave us the edge was the discovery of fire.

Keith

Very Addicted
yes there have always been survivors or none of us would be here today to talk about it.
I think what gave us the edge was the discovery of fire.
I agree totally. Fire is my forte, but I still have more to learn.
Keith.