• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Good timing...

saxonaxe

Very Addicted
One can only spend so much time sorting Bush Craft kit, so I was happy when the Postie delivered a parcel that I've been expecting.
Passed a morning setting it up, but not just yet, zeroing !!... :lol:

Laser sight and fittings. Rechargeable, with remote switch and optional mounts.
DSCF5538.jpg

At the moment I use open sights, but it's nice to be capable in all situations, I think.
DSCF5539.jpg

Fitting is easy and from experience and I know I operate a remote switch better with my right thumb than with my left supporting hand.
DSCF5541.jpg

Obviously I will secure the power cable fully, but not until all adjustments/zeroing is complete.
DSCF5540.jpg

DSCF5542.jpg

I like the Laser system as in the past I've found target acquisition quicker when the weapon is not in the shoulder, as an optic sight requires.

Attachments

• DSCF5538.jpg
    DSCF5538.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCF5539.jpg
    DSCF5539.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF5541.jpg
    DSCF5541.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCF5540.jpg
    DSCF5540.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF5542.jpg
    DSCF5542.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 11
Aliexpress. It's a Chinese copy of a Bushnell laser...it's only a glorified torch with add-on's/fittings not a sight as such.

Madriverrob

Nice weapon ?

Yep, sorry, apologies, force of habit....shotgun. :thumbsup:

Laser dot on a shotgun? Have you been watching terminator lately? All joking aside nice gun and looks a cool bit of kit, let's hope the neighbours don't irk you :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: Bam
Those sights are mainly Chinese made, marketed by SMK but you can also buy exactly the same thing branded as Remington or Gamo..

Assuming it’s a SA; would the module not go under the fore grip, that’s where I’ve seen them mounted before as it allows an uninterrupted sight line up top when not in use? You could always then add a reflex sight😁

Understood..The fittings supplied allow a choice of positions for the laser, including on the fore end as you suggest, and also to be paired with a white light torch in a double clamp. My requirement was a purely personal one, I shoot with both eyes open, I don't aim as in using a sight ( unless I was using rifled slug obviously)
I am accustomed to using a Red Dot, receiver top mounted on a Remington 870 which of course obscured the fixed sights anyway. So ergonomics will be similar.

In some of these disciplines target acquisition rather than aimed target style shooting is of more importance. It depends on the course of fire.

It may be after trials that I move the laser to a fitting on the magazine tube. I suspect it will be some time before I get the chance to choose an option..:(

@saxonaxe

What an interesting and fun shooting discipline....very much akin to the CQBT ranges.....used to really enjoy that :D
Did not have a clue that this sport existed.....and wish I had not seen it now :whistle: :rofl:
The long distance appeals very much and must be huge fun to take part in.
The pictures at the bottom of the link showing the walk through gets the old juices flowing :thumbsup::rofl:

Have you any pictures to share with us Sax......how long have you been into the sport mate?

Anymore details and information of the rile you are using?

Last edited:
Back