• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Goodbye "Kermit"

"Ivor" the CR-V is going in for his new boots this morning :)

"Number 1 Son" is fitting the new timing chain kit on Sunday..... + full service.......bless him.
Giving some thought to fitting a winch to it later on 🤔

Happy days.

"Ivor" the CR-V is going in for his new boots this morning :)

"Number 1 Son" is fitting the new timing chain kit on Sunday..... + full service.......bless him.
Giving some thought to fitting a winch to it later on 🤔

Happy days.
not 100 % sure if they do a winch bumper for it mate :thumbsup:

All done.....full service.......... and new Timing chain kit fitted......."Ivor" recovering well :D
Still digging around and looking at the possibilities of fitting a small winch.....the C-RV not being an out and out 4x4 ..........the chassis is not really built for anything too adventurous.

Have you considered just mounting a shackle on each corner so it can be pulled from any angle and packing a hand held winch. I have one that packs down really small and is designed to lift 800kilos so is easily strong enough to pull a CRV out of a little bother. Also far cheaper to buy and can be used without the vehicle or with a dead battery.

I use it for pulling down hanging dead trees. A couple of five ton strops to avoid damaging the bark and a long steel cable make it very versatile.

Well after much thought I have definitely decided to go with a hand winch......cheaper......less hassle and no fitting or potential damage to the car.
Tuned into good old "You Tube" just to look at what others have come up with.
Found this guy......and found his video very helpful.

As "Ivor" is not an out and out heavy 4x4 I think this is the way I will go :thumbsup:
For tugging out of mud.....snow......(TREES:p) I think it will be perfick.

Found one much the same here........button hit :D

Will pack away in the vacant spare wheel tray in the back of the car.
Already have some very heavy duty separate straps that I could use with it if needed.

Jobs a good'un :thumbsup:

Back