• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Great bit of kit

Oot

Quite Addicted
British army pcs thermal smock... Haven't had it off since buying... Base layer and this is all that I have needed past few weeks.. Front pouch today had two small retractable dog leads, my car keys, phone, ordinary dog lead and gloves.... Two side hand warmer pockets held my hat and shemag... You can pick them up from twenty to forty quid, best money I have spent in a long time👍👍👍
IMG_20191229_150759.jpg
IMG_20191229_150904.jpg
IMG_20191229_150927.jpg

NOooo! Why did I look? I've got a similar copy type smock, Mil-Tec. Not as good as that, but not too bad, but a bit tatty now....It's been a bit of a spark magnet.....Needs replacing...
happy0168.gif

Attachments

• happy0168.gif
    happy0168.gif
    760 bytes · Views: 19
British army pcs thermal smock... Haven't had it off since buying... Base layer and this is all that I have needed past few weeks.. Front pouch today had two small retractable dog leads, my car keys, phone, ordinary dog lead and gloves.... Two side hand warmer pockets held my hat and shemag... You can pick them up from twenty to forty quid, best money I have spent in a long time👍👍👍

ooh-matron.gif

Aye, my missus can bear a grudge too. :p

Attachments

• ooh-matron.gif
    ooh-matron.gif
    45.1 KB · Views: 15
It's a nice top but the fleece lining makes it impossible to put on/take off when wearing a fleece top. Apart from that, like it - the hood is useful when the wind is up,too.

It’s designed to be worn as a mid layer, over a t shirt or thermal base layer where it’s really effective. It’s actually brilliant worn next to the skin with no layers underneath if it’s really cold!

It’s designed to be worn as a mid layer, over a t shirt or thermal base layer where it’s really effective. It’s actually brilliant worn next to the skin with no layers underneath if it’s really cold!

I sense a disturbance in The Force, Smurf will be along at some point, he's a big fan of the Buffalo system.

I sense a disturbance in The Force, Smurf will be along at some point, he's a big fan of the Buffalo system.
Darn tooting! I wear Buffalo in the winter as it keeps you warm. It gets soaking wet but you stay functional without faff. The downside is that it's not layered so you quickly overheat above 5-10c. I've done a review on the buffalo special 6 a while back and Buffalo even featured it on their Facebook..

Buffalo Special 6 review

@MildredsSmurf

Excellent write up re the "Buffalo 6" not seen nor heard of them before :thumbsup:

Also read a few of your other write ups and articles.......you have a way with words for sure and it made for some interesting reading.
Particularly enjoyed the Adventure kit and childhood memories revisited.......brilliant!!

Thanks for sharing mate. :)

I've never looked at the surplus ones tbh. Buffalo invented this system, the original softshell so I went with them. There is also a Montaine version which is hotly debated. I think the surplus ones win on price and I'll be checking them out too.

I've never looked at the surplus ones tbh. Buffalo invented this system, the original softshell so I went with them. There is also a Montaine version which is hotly debated. I think the surplus ones win on price and I'll be checking them out too.
I've got a Buffalo shirt and a Montane Extreme smock - they are very similar but the Montane is even warmer and better built.

Back