• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

greenway's

Fire underway. Lots of damp stuff today. Got the first brew on! Big pile of Bamboo to shift
@divebuddy, I`m envious, that`s one heck of an absolutely beautiful, quiet looking lovely spot. I would spend hours up there with my Ghillie kettle, binoculars, camera etc, overlooking the river which flows inland (I take it)?
You up there as a look out (smoke signals), in case the French or others decide to invade?

@divebuddy, I`m envious, that`s one heck of an absolutely beautiful, quiet looking lovely spot. I would spend hours up there with my Ghillie kettle, binoculars, camera etc, overlooking the river which flows inland (I take it)?
You up there as a look out (smoke signals), in case the French or others decide to invade?

That is exactly what I did for a living RWS, on that very river. 👍 34 Years a Fisheries Officer/Water Bailiff on the River Dart, started off on the Estuary, then moved to the higher reaches on Dartmoor. Boys own stuff mate, I loved my career.

Like I said beautiful, look up Breydon water, I`ve spent years floating about on there in a punt, shooting surrounding marshes(GYWA) until it all went to shite with the must all be seen to be politically correct, not allowed an opinion or upsetting anyone with an anti opinion to our sport etc.
All the political correctness not being able to have, voice an opinion without being branded a whatever, is out of order (having a bit of a rant), glad I grew up when I did, it`ll all have gone to shite in another 20yr max, they`ll all be P.C. clones doing as they`re told?

Like I said beautiful, look up Breydon water, I`ve spent years floating about on there in a punt, shooting surrounding marshes(GYWA) until it all went to shite with the must all be seen to be politically correct, not allowed an opinion or upsetting anyone with an anti opinion to our sport etc.
All the political correctness not being able to have, voice an opinion without being branded a whatever, is out of order (having a bit of a rant), glad I grew up when I did, it`ll all have gone to shite in another 20yr max, they`ll all be P.C. clones doing as they`re told?

Political Correctness, now that is a subject that I must avoid expressing my views on……..Sorry, OT.

Fire underway at 10.15 after moving a dead pheasant from near the viewpoint in case it upset visitors. Scared off a big buzzard who was about to have a meal. Just on first brew.
IMG_20230306_095742_BURST001_COVER.jpg
IMG_20230306_103006.jpg
IMG_20230306_110606.jpg
IMG_20230306_112841.jpg

It looks like the buzzard had already started plucking it 😕 I like to leave whatever is left over from pheasants after I’ve breasted it for food (by pulling upwards on its legs) and had the tail, breast feathers and wings for curing. Bugger the PC crowd or the delicate sensibilities of passers by, other animals can benefit from the carcass.
What I really like to do is attract in a whole load of red kites by putting out the waste from dressing bunnies. It is a marvellous sight to see those huge birds feeding. One dropped a sheep’s leg in the paddock the other day, it freaked Louise out and she had to go and count the legs on our couple of white sheep 🤣🤣🤣

Seems to be ok. No idea on charge time etc. Typical NT. Going for the green option. I think the team preferred the old diesel.

Have you got yourself a toasting fork?
Can't beat a nice toasty samitch on a brisk autumnal morning.

Back