• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Life In The Wilderness

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Greetings everyone!

ejtrent

Slightly Talkative
Hey there!

My name's Elliott Trent, and I'm an aspiring knifemaker! I've been looking around to find places where people may be interested in what I'm trying to do and this place looks like it could fit the bill!

Here's a little info with regards to my foundation:

I'm a furniture maker based down in 'sunny' Bournemouth, I've been running my own business for 5 years or so selling custom hardwood furniture made out of a workshop I rent near to where I live. I truly love what I do, I gave up a different career I trained (and paid a university fee's worth) in to do this and I'm really lucky to be in the position where I'm able to do this. I come in contact with many fine tools (hand tools) from many high end makers and I've slowly but surely developed a keen interest in tool making.

Knife making has been something I've wanted to take up for many years now, I've made a fair few small knives like marking kiridashi's and some small plane blades but the 'camp knife' or 'bushcraft knife' has always been something I've wanted to tackle. Fast forward to now where I'm in the lucky position of having access to a workshop with a variety of tools and am equipped with the finer motor skills from making furniture, I really would like to give this a shot as a side business.

So after more than 20 knives made this year I've come to a knife that I'm really rather happy with!

This is the link to my website where you can purchase it is here! I hope to contribute to a discussion here if I can, so please feel free to comment!

Trent Knife & Tool

DSC01527.jpg
DSC01543.jpg
DSC01555.jpg
DSC01523.jpg
DSC01511.jpg

Attachments

Ystranc

I like the understated simplicity of your design, it's like the best of Japanese design meets Swedish clipper knife.
Btw, if that's you using the knife in the JPEG DSC01540 I've got to tell you the skin on your hands looks as messed up as mine. Kudos! You can always tell someone who works with their hands.

Attachments

Last edited:

Erbswurst

Slightly Addicted
Oh, that is looking very good!

In my opinion it should have a micarta handle or better a leather sheath!

I would prefere the handle made from one piece of wood or horn.

Would you please show us the blade without handle?

By the way, I was looking for a contact mail on your page (could not find one) - and it seems as if I cannot send you messages here (yet).
Is there a way to reach out to you? Thanks in advance!