• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Grouping

elsenham177

Slightly Addicted
Shot these 2 groups from a standing position with my forearm supported on my bean bag. I used my hatsan dominator in. 177 cal with my scope set on 10x and both groups I managed to pull one shot high, just shows how easy it is to miss when you're not concentrating with a spring gun.

Attachments

• 20210516_074956.jpg
    20210516_074956.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 67
  • 20210516_075032.jpg
    20210516_075032.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 65
Shot these 2 groups from a standing position with my forearm supported on my bean bag. I used my hatsan dominator in. 177 cal with my scope set on 10x and both groups I managed to pull one shot high, just shows how easy it is to miss when you're not concentrating with a spring gun.
Morning mate what distance were you shooting over?

Like the Scorpion....Nice rifles......have you had it fettled at all.....or shooting it as standard?
Not had any experience with Hatsan.....how do you rate them?

Outstanding! I wish I was as good with a springer....but what a springer!
My crappy cometa 300 isn't really in the same league but I feel inspired to try a group or two off a beanbag and see what transpires.

Outstanding! I wish I was as good with a springer....but what a springer!
My crappy cometa 300 isn't really in the same league but I feel inspired to try a group or two off a beanbag and see what transpires.
I rest my forearm on the bean bag and then rest the rifle in my hand. I have always been told not to grip the rifle to tightly but to let it move with the recoil. If you can master a spring gun then a precharged is a lot easier to shoot.

Like the Scorpion....Nice rifles......have you had it fettled at all.....or shooting it as standard?
Not had any experience with Hatsan.....how do you rate them?
not the dominator but I looked at the Hatsan AT44 PCP ( but then picked up my AA410k for a bargain) at a local and well respected gunsmiths. They liked hatsan products and spoke highly of them saying basically they were high quality at a relatively low price, they did comment that they found them to be more reliable than some of the much more expensive high end products from “quality European”
Manufacturers.

not the dominator but I looked at the Hatsan AT44 PCP ( but then picked up my AA410k for a bargain) at a local and well respected gunsmiths. They liked hatsan products and spoke highly of them saying basically they were high quality at a relatively low price, they did comment that they found them to be more reliable than some of the much more expensive high end products from “quality European”
Manufacturers.

It was one of the reasons I choose the hatsan, I have had several HW rifles and wanted to see if there was anything else that was similar but cheaper would compare. I have to say I have shot it for the last 3 years and it has not let me down. The trigger is good with plenty of adjustment but it's not as go as the air arms or Hw record. I would certainly get another one.

Back