• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Gun lamps?

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
Looking to put a torch/lamp on the Pulsar for a bit of night shooting.
Had night vision in the past but want to try a light.
What are you shooters using.......any recommendations??
Tried the Tracer Atom a few years back but did not like it that much.

for the different color filters i use quality street sweet wrappers held on with an elastic band ...when they get used to you with the red light i change to yellow and then blue ...stops them running of when you put the light on ;)

Hi Matt.

Thanks for the feedback mate..........looks good 👍
I like the velcro mount idea.....I could attach it underneath the barrel shroud.....very handy that is.
How long does the battery last with sensible use?
What reach do you reckon you have with the beam....... with and without filters?

Hi Matt.

Thanks for the feedback mate..........looks good 👍
I like the velcro mount idea.....I could attach it underneath the barrel shroud.....very handy that is.
How long does the battery last with sensible use?
What reach do you reckon you have with the beam....... with and without filters?

my battery lasts about 5 shoot,s ...as in 5 x 4 hr trips out ....(luckly it takes the same battery as my vape so i dont panic to much if it go,s flat ) all i do is make sure its had a good over night charge before i go out the next evening ....its NEVER gone flat on me mate

the beam is good for well over 100yrds mate ...with a red sweet wrapper on the front you get good eye shine out to 80yrds ish (more than enough)

This sounds ideal for what I want Matt 👍
That is a good performance from the battery too.
Plenty of reach with the beam as well.

Think I will hit the button on that after Scotters:)

I have the Yukon.....but its a pain swapping between scopes.........had one of the early Nite-sights but that was a faff too.
Just want something quick and easy to use now.

Thanks, mate👍

when you see your post man grab a hand full of rubber bands of him and keep them in your shooting bag along with the sweet wrappers ....idea for quick easy color change if thy run on red ....you can also put 2 red on to make it a darker red if you doing close work ie for rats or such like

I have a little Cree 5W LED Remington gunlamp that comes with a pressure tail switch and gun mount to attach it to the sight tube (only fits 1" tube) it also comes with an interchangeable normal on off switch. They retail for about £30 and are good for about 75meters. They use two CR123A batteries which last for ages. I have had the Ledray lamp in the past through the Deban website, very good lamp but I hated the mount.

I have a little Cree 5W LED Remington gunlamp that comes with a pressure tail switch and gun mount to attach it to the sight tube (only fits 1" tube) it also comes with an interchangeable normal on off switch. They retail for about £30 and are good for about 75meters. They use two CR123A batteries which last for ages. I have had the Ledray lamp in the past through the Deban website, very good lamp but I hated the mount.

Some of the mounting systems can be a bloody pain mate :rolleyes:

Rifle Torch arrived yesterday.......gave it a try out the back and was blown away by its performance.

Good recommendation @Matt........cheers mate.

Loving the mount.......sits on barrel shroud a treat......on top or to the side.
High mount scope means a clear view.....perfect!

Very happy with that........jobs a goodun

I know its not much use now as the guy has stopped making them but with a bit of thought maybe you could make something similar
It was a gun lamp that was made by a guy called Anton company was Night Hunter.
He built the battery pack (18650) in the butt of the stock and the switch was near the thumb rest and the lamp plugged in on top of stock.
He gave me one for my AA400 to do a review on. my review was on his site but site is no more.
I have tried quite a few lamps in my time but this was one of the best as everything was contained on the gun so no trailing wires etc
But all this was back in 2004 if my memory is correct so I know with these LED lights things have changed.
Anyway here is a few pictures I took which are not the best quality.

Back