• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Gun tuning

William Tell

Slightly Obsessed
So if you country folk are in need of a good air gun tuning chappy, and know where Peterborough is you are in luck.
Some time ago I invited a new friend from your sister forum Airgun Universe round for a plink.
Roland green as grass he was at first, now Roland is the best danged shot I ever did see. Scary good whatever the range. Taught him everything he knows, now he's better than me. Grass Hopper fashion. Anyway, Roland introduced me to Ray Walker from Thorney, a former Venom man worked with Steve Pope's Pa formerly an official V-Mach service agent and gun smith of the old school. Does tuning work of the highest order for beer money. Cantankerous old git as all tuning folk seem to be, as dry as the Sahara but as rare as a middle aged Virgin. If you'll forgive my vile crudeness. Ray has made me from scratch a Laser glide 97 a venom 97 and a V- Mach 97, numerous tuning and only this week tuned another 97 to what Ray calls is a Venom. Makes set back adjustable triggers out of CNC stainless and restores old clankers collectables to perfection.
Handy for me being only half an hour away otherwise you wouldn't catch me anywhere near Wisbech or Peterborough. So if you fancy a super Dooper tune or just a new plinker all polished and tinkered with let me know, if I've not bin banned and I'll pass his info on.
Mates rates Tune or fitting a kit £50 service £25 he's from the North you see.

Sounds good Will.....nice heads up:thumbsup:

Only shoot PCP's these days myself....but for spring shooters this could be very handy:thumbsup:

He does PCP too he's also an air arms appointed Jonny or used to be. Got all the kit.
Gave up PCP when I stopped wetting the bed along with that silly little .177 calibre.
Guess you shoot .177 too Willie.
You'll swing round too eventually. Nothing like a true springer. Lovely Herman kit forget the war and move on.

All the work I have had done has been by John Bowkwett mate.....love my B.S.A's

.177 :eek::eek::eek:....not likely mate .22 for me....and will soon be adding .25 FAC to the menu WHEN the postman gets his butt in gear:D

Springer shooting is more challenging for sure.....I just love the ease of PCP:thumbsup:........but I'm still wetting the bed:lol:

Back