• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Haloween

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
Nearly time to start carving them Pumpkins.
Hope to see some examples and pictures posted up:thumbsup:

I have started preparing for Halloween........ Bought the wife some crouchless knickers...... Nothing sexual....... Just thought she would get a better grip on her broomstick :sneaky::whistle::D

The kids around here seem to of skipped it and gone straight to Guy Fawkes seeing as the amount of penny for the Guy 'demands' I've had recently :(

My kids love Halloween and trick or treating; I’m not so keen on the grounds I don’t take them begging (with menace) the rest of the year so don’t see why October 31 should be any different!

I have my 2 I grew, ready for carving, and the little one came all the way from Leeds. ( mrs' son brought it back from a recent trip) We celebrate Samháin (soween) because of its pagan roots. Don't do the trick or treat bit, thats an American thing, that neither of us are comfortable with.
20191022_105017.jpg

Tesco are selling Pumpkins about twice the size of a football for £3...I wonder how much the farmer was paid for them? When we loose our EU subsidies they either will cost a lot more or won't be available because the farmer needs to grow something they can make a living off. Has brexit cancelled Halloween 2020 I wonder.

Tesco are selling Pumpkins about twice the size of a football for £3...I wonder how much the farmer was paid for them? When we loose our EU subsidies they either will cost a lot more or won't be available because the farmer needs to grow something they can make a living off. Has brexit cancelled Halloween 2020 I wonder.

No harry brexit hasn’t cancelled Halloween. They may be dearer in the shops but the local farmers around here are charging a very responsible price for a fun day out with the kids and you all leave with a pumpkin each! Happy days:D . Putting the fun back into all that’s Halloween. Farmers are doing just fine mate.....turn that frown upside down and chill’ax. Not everything is about brexit. Certainly not this thread harry;)

• Haha
Reactions: Bam
So farmers are forced to organise family days...dread to think how much worse it will be after brexit...what then, 'shoot your own sheep' or 'flog a yockle' in order to survive; things are looking grim. We'll have to eat pumpkins after brexit.

That said, should we encourage children to celebrate Samhain/Halloween ?

So farmers are forced to organise family days...dread to think how much worse it will be after brexit...what then, 'shoot your own sheep' or 'flog a yockle' in order to survive; things are looking grim. We'll have to eat pumpkins after brexit.

That said, should we encourage children to celebrate Samhain/Halloween ?

SIGH!!
Halloween and pumpkins harry!! Not brexit. Start a new thread and we can continue mate? But let’s keep this all about. “Halloween and pumpkins” on this thread please :thumbsup:

Obviously it depends on which variety you try but since we grow "crown prince" we find roast pumpkin to be bloody delicious.
Harry, your humour is too dry to be obvious sometimes, maybe an emoji or two for those who are less gifted at reading your mood?

Anyway whos planning on carving, whats the idea and what will you do with the pumpkin afterwards? ( please dont say put it in the bin and have folk ranting about landfill)

Al let the bosses of the house tell me what to carve :rofl: And landfill? Don’t get me started on landfill Jon :rofl:

Well there's pumpkin soup and curry, using the cooked flesh in muffins. Have done pumpkin pie before which was lovely, but since mrs has become allergic to nuts, no more of that, cant even T bag her anymore!😂😂

Back