• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Hammock Chair - Anyone good at physics?

G1ZmO

Site Manager
Staff member
So I discovered that by doubling my hammock over I can make a hammock chair between 2 close trees.

However, the problem with this is that you can't really have a decent tarp above you.

Do you think this would work?

Longer rope mate šŸ‘ Thinking on it as ... the higher you put the top part up the longer the rope at the bottom.. tying it up about 6 foot or higher should extend how far the tree will be to tie the bottom part. But you will have to stabilise it some how as it will swing more.

The second picture you drew could give you a sore pair of haw-maws šŸ˜…

I think it would be better to attach both ends high and to sit in 90 degrees as if you want to leave a normal hammock.

Somewhere I have seen hammock chairs like this for sale.

Picture one would work, picture two needs an additional attachment to the ground I guess.

Yep, on review I think you're both right about the second design. It would need tied off to the base of a tree I think.

"Haw-Maws" indeed... LOL

@G1ZmO

Hi Paul.

Adding the pole in the fold of the hammock seat and having a tie either side might help you out mate šŸ‘
More stability and covered by shelter.

When I use my canvas one I sling it as in your photo but level tie outs, that way I can sit in it or lay flat ish in it, if I'm using my ripstop chair I make a tripod, often thought about stringing it as in your first picture but never got around to it, yet ;)

Back