• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Hammock table ...

Madriverrob

Extremely Addicted
Made a lightweight table for hammock camping . Used a bank stick (for fishing) and an oven tray from the pound shop .

works well ,can be placed next to you for phone , glasses etc or for brew up kit ....

6A8B9235-7416-4AFC-AC36-807FB69948F4.jpeg
1DCE905C-1AD1-4670-A597-B2E5B79EF51A.jpeg
976CF73E-AF6E-4972-A3C4-80D183507747.jpeg

Made a lightweight table for hammock camping . Used a bank stick (for fishing) and an oven tray from the pound shop .

works well ,can be placed next to you for phone , glasses etc or for brew up kit ....

View attachment 20968View attachment 20969View attachment 20970
You cant beat innovation Rob, I can't see from the photos so if you haven't already done so I would suggest a soft rubber washer on upper and lower sides of the tray so it doesn't work loose during use

Well a mate of mine can make them, early doors, need to talk to him tomorrow but they're very much doable, would only be the plate so attachment would be down to the individual, any specific hole sizes / cut outs ? cost dependant, anyone interested ?

I’d be interested depending on price . I presume some of the holes are to reduce weight ? I’ve always been bothered that the design has no lip around it ,when used as a table things might slide/roll off .....

I can mention a lip to him when I talk to him later, also I'm thinking of maybe a stainless steel version and as well as the centre screw get 4 additional holes in the corners in case you want a lower 4 legged table, really the design and materials are down to us.

When i read the title i was almost expecting the table to be slung on ropes like the hammock itself. On that idea some time ago i made a hanging shelf for use in one of the re-enactment tents ( they have spokes around a central pole) . Worked fine as long as one remembered where it was. As it happened one friend's head seemed to have an affinity for it so much it was dubbed the shelf of doom 😀 .

Now this I like

I can see the benefits of that, could be handy. If you're getting one I'll be curious as to how you go with it, not sure how he managed to drag it out to 9 and a half minutes though. :lol:

Back