• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Hammock UQ Protector

Philmandoo

Very Talkative
Hi Folks
Been meaning to make one of these for ages and finally sorted it - a water resistant underquilt cover for my hammock.
Pretty simple to make, I pegged the material on at each end and then folded both sides of the material over my hammock and marked it. A quick hem on the sewing machine, a hem along the ends and then a piece of 3mm bungee passed the through the side hems. I got it where I was happy and tied it off making loops at each end - these were popped onto the biners that clip on my UQ ( another DIY jobbie that started out as a Costco quilt but bares little resemblance to it now :) ) I also added a bit of bungee to the ends to crimp it up.
Weighs next to nothing, reckon it'll make a big difference on windy and stormy nights and only cost about a tenner in materials. Hopefully I'll get to test it out soon!

20200607_154356.jpg
20200607_154342.jpg
20200607_154334.jpg

Oh, and you can see my "no tree" hammock hanging rig - a few army tent pole sections rigged together with a few bits of tube welded together and held up by the wall of the cabin on the one end. Not pretty but it works!!
Cheers
Phil

Nice one Phil, looks the biz. You're not fooling anyone with the reading material though, we know you're a Razzle man at heart. :lol:

Back