• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Hammock

What do you do if there's no trees, or suitable trees around?

Use a basha or a tent :)
Yeah, but then you will be sleeping on the ground, big no no!

I am tempted to get one of these but if it means having to carry both the hammock and camp bed on a trip I can't see the point, that's just too much gear to carry.

you would go to a corner of a field and tie of to 2 fence posts (so you are across the corner)....but to be truthfull theres always some where to hang them mate .....if you were traveling over a vaste open country in sure you would take a camp bed instead....but seeing how we are all in the uk and useing woodland permissions for the meets there are always tree,s suitable for the job..

Told you they where good
just got back from bush side:)....spent 2 nights in the hammock..had the best 2 nights sleep in the bush.
pound for pound this has to be the best £10 Ive ever spent:D

a little tricky to get into but you soon get it sused....

There is always tieing off vehicles that are with you and as matt said there are always posts around and they are not that big to carry weighs no more than a bag of sugar and is about the same size as a basha bag!

wow for that money you cant go wrong. might have to get one of these if you guys reckon there alright

I'm getting tempted, need a sleeping bag first though:eek:

I'm tempted too, but would need to get a proper basha/tarp to go with it and I'm struggling to find one that is equally affordable.

It is very kind of you, to get me a tarp, for your birthday ;)

Seriously though, have a look at this

Paul and Dad 034.jpg

We are selling Brand New Original Olive Green Tarpaulins that are standard in the British Army Individual Protection Kits (IPKs)

Description: 1 x Olive Green Tarpaulin, Waterproof, Lightweight

Condition: Brand New

Size: Approximately 5ft x 9ft

Price: £3.50

That can't be right, can it?
Bushcraft Tarp

Attachments

• Paul and Dad 034.jpg
    Paul and Dad 034.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 143
thats out of an nuclear bio and chemical pack not that good really
It is very kind of you, to get me a tarp, for your birthday ;)

Seriously though, have a look at this

View attachment 692

We are selling Brand New Original Olive Green Tarpaulins that are standard in the British Army Individual Protection Kits (IPKs)

Description: 1 x Olive Green Tarpaulin, Waterproof, Lightweight

Condition: Brand New

Size: Approximately 5ft x 9ft

Price: £3.50

That can't be right, can it?
Bushcraft Tarp

thats out of an nuclear bio and chemical pack not that good really

Bugger! And there was the skinflint in me jumping up and down at the thought of getting a hammock and basha for under £20.

Could you point me in the direction of a better one?

Ya issued Basha tested by thousands no complaints (the one you looked at is a Kip sheet useless bit of kit)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if the army one would be big enough, I'm after a 3mx3m one myself.

Back