• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Handmade Leather Sheath.

It’s all coming along braw bill:D a think you should give yourself a day of tomorrow mate before going on holiday ;):thumbsup:

Morning Mark. :thumbsup:

I will be right onto this as soon as I get back mate.
Knife retaining strap left to measure and cut...... dying the leather........burnishing........assembly.........drill holes/stitching.........treat and polish..... and then............POST!!!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sorry about the rust on the knife by the way :whistle::sneaky::sneaky::rofl:

No worries at all bill me old mucker :thumbsup::thumbsup: have a good holiday bud:D .Have you warned the residents of said place of your arrival:whistle::sneaky::whistle::rofl:

Bill your giving me a heart Attack here :D:rofl::rofl: rust on the blade Pmsl. Old git :D

Back onto the sheath now.
Sharpening stone pouch has poppers fitted......fire steel keeper glued into position.
Surfaces to be glued roughed up and cleaned ready for glue and assembly.
I have scaffed the ends of the stacked welts so the sheath will taper off a little.
20180501_084530.jpg

You can see a lot of time and effort going into that bill. Thank you :thumbsup:

Been watching a few YouTube videos on sheath making. It dose not look easy mate lol.:thumbsup:

:rofl::rofl: yeah piece of p*** mate.

Assembled as far as I can go for the moment.
1st 2 coats of stain applied......need to let dry now and then apply 2/3 more
Sanding edges......riveting......burnishing.......final assembly.....treatment.......Polish buff and then.......POST!!!
ANOTHER 2 weeks should see it finished :p:rofl:

20180501_101457.jpg

Last edited:
Great care should be taken when withdrawing and re sheathing a very sharp knife.......it is very easy to cut the leather if care is not taken.
Rough handling WILL result in damage.

:eek: two weeks :p:rofl::rofl:
Now that’s a nice looking sheath bill :D well happy :D:D

what colour of stitching are you using. I forgot lol.

:rofl::rofl: yeah piece of p*** mate.

Assembled as far as I can go for the moment.
1st 2 coats of stain applied......need to let dry now and then apply 2/3 more
Sanding edges......riveting......burnishing.......finalassembly.....treatment.......Polish buff and then.......POST!!!
ANOTHER 2 weeks should see it finished :p:rofl:

View attachment 13710

Aye piece of pi.. Pmsl :rofl: show of :D

Mate! It’s spot on!!! Top job :D

:eek: two weeks :p:rofl::rofl:
Now that’s a nice looking sheath bill :D well happy :D:D

what colour of stitching are you using. I forgot lol.

I'm glad you are liking it so far Mark and have enjoyed following the build :thumbsup:

Still a bit to do........get rid of the rough edges/burnish and so on.

You wanted Dark stitching Mate.....so I will be using Dark Brown Thread :thumbsup:

Soon be time to start marking out and drilling the holes for the hand stitching runs......got to drill them because of the thickness of the stacked leather.
I will pull the thread through some Bees Wax before starting the stitching.
The finish will be the same as the belt mate......Aussie Wax :thumbsup:

Getting there now......I may go to the workshop tonight and apply the final stain.....be dry for the morning then :thumbsup:;)

Back