• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Hangi

DeckNinja

Quite Talkative
Hey guys,

Thought I'd wet your whistle for something different to try next time your out, I was lucky enough to be gifted a nice little lamb joint while I was home and decided to cook it in my pit. I've always been lucky with great results, best part is that it takes ages so leaves you plenty of time to get on with bits and bobs. I generally let the fire rage for an hour or so and bury it for 4 hours if it's a smaller joint. (The dog knows if it plays its cards right there's a bone in it for her) everyone's a winner

IMG_0020.JPG

It's a nice way to cook mate especially if you throw a couple of handfuls of rosemary in with it

might just try that cooking in a pit saves on eletric as having a joint slow cooking in the over

It's well worth it Jeff, I've done both lamb and venison it's great. Saves on washing up to.

I have eaten food cooked in a hangi...and very nice it was too.... but never tried it myself.

Back