• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Has anyone ever used a Daystate HL1198 or a PH6

Ystranc

Administrator
Staff member
I may have an opportunity to buy either or both, if anyone has any input on either of them I would welcome it, there is also a huntsman available depending on price.
These are all the mechanical trigger rather than electronic.

@Ystranc

Morning mate.....found this clip on the PH6 👍

The HL1198 is a real old stager so I would wonder about servicing and spares/manuals?

Not had any experience with any of them though.

I think he needs to check his windage, he's consistently low and to the right but it did get a good grouping.
That was a good 'warts and all' review, I may just keep my pennies unless it turns out that the price really is right.
Thanks Bill.

I think he needs to check his windage, he's consistently low and to the right but it did get a good grouping.
That was a good 'warts and all' review, I may just keep my pennies unless it turns out that the price really is right.
Thanks Bill.

I reckon you are right mate......a tad off the mark :D

Forgot the Huntsman.....they seem to get good reviews to mate.......do you know the model/Mk of the one you have spotted?

Very tempted but I need to be able to buy enough from him to make the money back on to cover what I keep....if you see what I mean.
It would also be nice to have a second string rifle capable of causing a bunny apocalypse.

Only had experience with a wolverine mate....if that’s anything like what your talking about then a would say go for it... quality 👍

The huntsman seemed front heavy and was single shot with no obvious way to convert it. The huntsman venom was horrible, since the stock lacked a comb it's ergonomics were all wrong for me. I didn't like it...there was also a Daystate RWS but that was too expensive.
It was like a collection of every mistake Daystate ever made. ☹️

I think I need to visit a few gun rooms and get a feel for them rather than buying something that doesn't fit. You are quite right about me being tighter than a ducks arse though, my valuations were consistently half of what they wanted. It comes from a misspent youth dealing in anything from jewellery to cars as a sideline.
I like to see a profit on money that I spend...no potential profit, no spendy money.

@Ystranc

Was only pulling your leg mate ;)

Sometimes...........just sometimes :sneaky:................ its good to invest in a new rifle........only here once mate :D:thumbsup:

Don't worry Bill I'm not offended, I'm proud to be tighter than a crabs backside. It doesn't bother me in the slightest. You would have enjoyed yourself looking at that collection there were even some Whiscombe rifles. (Way out of my price range)

So were these rifles you were looking at someone's personal collection mate?

Yes heard of John Wiscombe rifles, all hand made by him.
Unique piston arrangement that produced no recoil.
Never seen or held/fired one.....but would love the opportunity.

One of the old stagers I always fancied was a BSA Stutzen :D

I'm tighter than a" Camel's arse in a sandstorm " though :whistle:

:D

The mind boggles @Ark79............it must have been someone who has some serious mental health problems.
Maybe had a fetish for ducks?

In any event,...................................................................................... I think a visit to the Quack is in order 😕

Back