• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Has anyone used a telescopic scope enhancer?(extended rubber eye piece)

Ystranc

Administrator
Staff member
As I get older I find I'm getting more long sighted and have had a scope enhancer recommended in order to help prevent me introducing errors when sighting, I have no idea if it's bulls**t or not.
I have also read that since they exclude much of the extra light from around the eye piece it means the eye can make better use of the light coming through the scope.
I'd be interested if any of the older gentlemen on the forum have tried them.

Last edited:
@Ystranc

Hi Mike.

Before I had the need to wear glasses I used them on all of my scopes.
Its not Bull :poo:.....they do work.....and well.
Like anything they can take some getting used to and are not for everyone.

If you do buy one.....go for something that has flexible movement at eye contact......quality thin rubber...... as comfort and fit is important.
There are lots out there and some are not as good as others in material or design.

It will cut out peripheral light/movement and concentrate your eye to the target......also helps with obtaining the same head position and cheek weld on the Combe for a better and more consistent aim.

When you fit it to a scope you may have to adjust the eye relief again by first attaching the rubber then moving the scope on the rail to get it right........it will depend on what type you prefer and buy :thumbsup:

Good luck with it mate....hope it works for you......be sure to let us know how you get on:thumbsup:

Back