• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register
Hawke Frontier 6-24x50SF Review

Review Hawke Frontier 6-24x50SF Review

Gungerdin

Very Addicted
Gungerdin submitted a new resource:

Hawke Frontier 6-24x50SF - Review Of The Hawke Frontier 6-24x50SF

I wanted a top quality scope for long range bunny bashing and did my home work by looking at other brands to see what they offered. I didn't set out to get a Frontier. I wanted 4-16 up to 6-24 mag max as anything over this is a little OTT for my liking. I also wanted 50mm objective with the swat look. I did look at a Besonder a while back and whilst very good they were just not good enough. I like Japanese glass as it offers out standing quality optics at a more pocket friendly price than...

Read more about this resource...

nice review mate

a few months ago i bought a hawke eclipse 4-16x50 30 mm tube sf and it is the best scope i have had. i originally bought it for the hmr and its now on my .222.

hawke scopes are very good vale for money. i have hawke scopes on 3 out of 4 of my rifles and they do the job perfectly

I agree I have a Hawke Endurance 3.5 to 10 x 50 on the HMR and a Hawke Endurance 30 IR (£250) ( 3-12 x 50 ) with the illuminated centre dot- on my 222- both supurb scopes- and top class glass in my opinion and worth every penny

Les

Nice review.

I recalled Hawkws bad rep but eneded up buying a second hand night eye after looking through it. I think they have improved a lot over the last couple of years. Its the 4-16x50 and easily compete with my MTC Mamba and is arguably much clearer at full mag. Again I agree with you its a shame they haven't got a 30mm tube especially on the night eye as designed for lamping etc. But it does work very well without it.

Only thing I would change is like you I prefer side wheel px. Bt in order to get the same spec in sidewheel means jumping up to the sidewinder at 220+ which at the mo isn't practical to do away with what I have just to get side px.

Well, I liked the Frontier 6-24x50SF so much i have bought the Frontier 4-16x42SF aswell :cool:
These are seriously good scopes;)

4-16x42SF plus 6-24x50SF to compare :)

Attachments

• hawke416-1.jpg
    hawke416-1.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 42
  • hawke1.jpg
    hawke1.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 48
  • hawke416-4.jpg
    hawke416-4.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 45
I love hawke scopes and rate them highly after I put a 3-9x40 on the missus scope I bought myself a SR6 ret and find it brilliant for sub 12ft/lb rifles (Chris will testify that even half cut on the plinking range I could still knock down the targets with it :)) so much so I have now got the scope MacOne mentions earlier giving me 3 out of 4 scopes as hawkes too, the other is a Simmons with a 30/30 ret on the HW.

Nice review mate :)

BS

Back