• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Headed West

saxonaxe

Very Addicted
Mid 20's C in the back garden today when I went out to uncover the Himalayan, and with the holiday traffic down to a trickle now, the day looked good for a ride out.

DSC00077.jpg

Beyond those hills, the West Coast is the target. Staying off the busy main roads is a bonus, I get to ride through interesting villages with unpronounceable names and I can stop and look when the views cannot be ignored.
DSC00081.JPG
DSC00079.JPG

DSC00080.JPG

Like the keys to any Biker's heart really....:D
DSC00086.JPG

DSC00085.JPG

Port of Fishguard and the surrounding villages was my area today.
DSC00089.JPG

Too hot to stand around in Biking gear in the sun today, so I sat on the grass and looked at the Irish Sea which was Mediterranean blue today, Yakki the Himalayan ticked and pinged, as he cooled down too...
DSC00075.JPG

Home now, chain checked and oiled, and Yakki cooled off and covered up. 169 miles, so he can have a couple of days off....:lol:

Attachments

• DSC00081.JPG
    DSC00081.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 207
  • DSC00077.jpg
    DSC00077.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 10
looks like you had a good time sax, pictures are braw mate,thanks for sharing

Always wanted a motorbike from a young age 😁 mother,father said No! And now it’s the wife that says No! 🤷🏼‍♂️ they all said it’s for my own safety...I have to wonder if I was passed on to the wife with an instruction manual, full of do’s and don’t’s 😳😂

I was self supporting and independent at 16, so no-one to say no, although I had my first bike at 14...Kept it in my mates's Grandad's allotment shed and rode it around the back lanes illegally until I was 16. :lol:

I was self supporting and independent at 16, so no-one to say no, although I had my first bike at 14...Kept it in my mates's Grandad's allotment shed and rode it around the back lanes illegally until I was 16. :lol:

Kids will be kids 😂

it may have had something to do with all the stunts I tried with my BMX and trips to the hospital When they weren’t successful 😁 oh and possibly the cost of the mountain bikes and BMX I tore up 🤔😂

As a total NON petrol head, that's a braw looking bike. Great pickies too Sax, thanks for sharing.

Always wanted a motorbike from a young age 😁 mother,father said No! And now it’s the wife that says No! 🤷🏼‍♂️ they all said it’s for my own safety...I have to wonder if I was passed on to the wife with an instruction manual, full of do’s and don’t’s 😳😂

I nearly got a 125 when I was 17, was buying it through a woman I worked with, her son was selling it as he'd grown out of it. I'd saved the money and was going to buy it after the Xmas hols but like any 17 year old I pished the money away over the holidays and it turned out the boy didn't really want to sell it so was relieved anyway. :lol: Did ride a step through round Bermuda on a jolly, I think they assumed by my age that I had a license, it never came up in the conversation... A great experience on an unusually couth run ashore.

Kids will be kids 😂

Ah! yeah! But it was 1958 and the local rural Copper only had a whistle and a push bike. He knew I was.. "at it".. as he once told me, but he never caught me....:rofl:

My first bike was a ex GPO Telegram delivery bike..A late one (D3) 175 cc's of bright red muscle bike...:lol:. My mate's Grandad (ex army Dispatch Rider, Desert Rat) let me keep it in his Allotment shed....

I had the same, always wanted a bike but parents weren’t keen, got married and she wasn’t keen either. I ended up having an early mid life crisis at 30 and booked myself in for DAS which went well until I high sided the bike at low speed (don’t ask 🤣). Said bike landed on my left knee trapping it against a kerb stone which stung a bit. We straightened the bike and I got through the day with gritted teeth but the wife wasn’t impressed when I limped through the door and even less so when I removed my waterproofs to reveal blood sodden jeans. I obviously had to make out ‘‘twas a mere scratch in order to be allowed to finish the course which I did but my leg was so swollen I struggled to get my it in my trousers for 3 months after and it’s still tender 10 years on. As a result of this people are now less inclined to trust me when I tell them “it’ll be fine” and annoyingly 3 years after all the palaver I knackered my back to the point I can’t ride a motorcycle anyway 🤬

That sounds like a proper 'sore one' Bionic. All these things catch up with you sooner or later though eh ? Some of my aches I can attribute to one thing, others are an accumulation I think, not that it matters when they're playing you up. The joys of ageing eh ?

I ended up having an early mid life crisis at 30

I’ve always been a late bloomer, so at 41 I am still waiting for my mid life crisis to appear 😁 am sure I have to grow up before I have one tho 😂

Sorry to hear about the ailments bionic👎

I’ve always been a late bloomer, so at 41 I am still waiting for my mid life crisis to appear 😁 am sure I have to grow up before I have one tho 😂

Sorry to hear about the ailments bionic👎

I kept on telling my missus that seeing as how I couldn't drive, a motorbike or sports car were no use to me so I'd have to get young burd on the side..... Bloody cow wished me luck. :(

My first bike was a ex GPO Telegram delivery bike..A late one (D3) 175 cc's of bright red muscle bike...:lol:. My mate's Grandad (ex army Dispatch Rider, Desert Rat) let me keep it in his Allotment shed....
My first and last (because it nearly killed me) was a yamaha 80, flat out on what was then the A45 (now the A14) and a front tyre blow out that smashed me all over the road, luckily I opted for a full visor helmet because skating up the road on my face ground the chin guard right down to the foam. An open face and I wouldn't be talking to you now

Back