• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

HEADS UP - 75p Bushcraft Saw

I got one when they were asking an extortionate £1 for them.

They are ok, if a bit flimsy. I would not attempt to use one in anger, for fear the blade would snap, but for occasional, gentle use they do the job.

It would depend on the size of the log and the enthusiasm you put into processing it.

The bigger the log, the more effort you are likely to put in processing it and more effort you are putting in, the more stress you will be putting on a cheaply made blade.

Thing with these cheap saws is that the teeth are only as wide as the blade, so they tend to jam up in the cut. Decent saws like silkys or the laplander have teeth that make a cut slightly wider than the blade itself, making the work much quicker and easier. :)

For 75p you effectively get a 75p saw for £6 you can get a cracking little bow saw

Aye, i already have a bow saw and a folding saw, just picked it up to see what it would be like,..

You will need to let us know how a 75p saw performed we might be eating our words...have a little go with it and see how it goes

For 75p you effectively get a 75p saw for £6 you can get a cracking little bow saw

If you ain't got six quid you could buy a bow saw blade from Toolstation (84p) and make-bend yer own handle out of a bit of Hazel.

Those folding poundland saws are OK if yer cutting small stuff Hazel rods/Willow every now and then.

Back