• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Hedge Laying.......

you're very lucky my day has consisted of repairing mother in laws summerhouse and mowing her lawns (over a hundred years by 30) in total then in the greenhouses because we are self sufficient in veg. Then back to my own garden to build a two layer brick wall round a flower bed and mow another bloody lawn
Welcome to my world, I got so sick of mowing that we bought sheep...

Best time for hedging is while the wood is still dormant over winter but not too long before the buds start to open. Once the blackthorn blossoms start to form the time for hedgeing is over. It's a pretty short window of opportunity.

This is true, unfortunately not well times with buying the land and securing ready for e:thumbsup:verything. It was jump in and sort now. Will revisit and suss once once I see how summer growth works with what I've done.......

.......currently eyeing up a cheap DD hammock but not sure it's legit.

Photos as promised. They show three stages of planting. The first stage is 10 years old, the second is 3-4 years on and the final pics are of trees planted January-February this year

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    432.2 KB · Views: 240
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    419.2 KB · Views: 195
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    431.7 KB · Views: 230
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    338.7 KB · Views: 207
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    428.7 KB · Views: 230
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    346 KB · Views: 202
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    422.3 KB · Views: 234
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    452.8 KB · Views: 210
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    469.2 KB · Views: 235
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    430 KB · Views: 239
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    322.9 KB · Views: 209
Photos as promised. They show three stages of planting. The first stage is 10 years old, the second is 3-4 years on and the final pics are of trees planted January-February this year
Its all looking very good and healthy Ystranc, silver birch has to be one of my most favourite trees

I have silver birch at the top of that field and downy birch at the bottom where the ground is less well drained.

Back