• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Helikontex Range Chair

No affiliation but thought some of you guys might like this .........

Helikon Range Chair MultiCam

Nice chair Rob :thumbsup:

Just a personal thing.....Much prefer something that does not have four feet......so to speak.
A bit low to the deck as well.....I would never get up out of it:rofl:
Could be fun on a soft mulchy forest floor......... would sink even lower maybe......just as well pull up a log :confused::D
Using in a tent with sewn in groundsheet would create pressure points.
At the moment I am using a very basic chair for all the above reasons.

Marko Outdoor Deck Chair Folding Garden Lawn Patio Spring Foldable Seat Camping | eBay

May upgrade to something more comfortable later on......or buy a cushion:rofl::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Nice chair Rob :thumbsup:

Just a personal thing.....Much prefer something that does not have four feet......so to speak.
A bit low to the deck as well.....I would never get up out of it:rofl:
Could be fun on a soft mulchy forest floor......... would sink even lower maybe......just as well pull up a log :confused::D
Using in a tent with sewn in groundsheet would create pressure points.
At the moment I am using a very basic chair for all the above reasons.

Marko Outdoor Deck Chair Folding Garden Lawn Patio Spring Foldable Seat Camping | eBay

May upgrade to something more comfortable later on......or buy a cushion:rofl::thumbsup:

Points all valid.
These chairs are very popular at the moment ...

I like that, higher than mine and it has feet, there are chairs that use a mat attached to the four feet to act as a floor of sorts to stop you sinking into soft ground.

The seat looks very nice but it seems a little pricey for something to park your bum on. I carry a canvass fishing stool that folds flat and is pocket sized. Obviously not as comfy but it works for me.
More often than not I will just continue on my way until an opertune log or fallen tree presents its self to sit on.
However Bills tow bar toilet that got banished to the post bin has a more fundamental appeal. Comfort in the fresh air!

Isn't it better to buy for 10 € a Decathlon hammock?

There in you can sit too, and it is relatively light and compact. And you can get it in dark green.

WP_20180728_10_29_38_Pro.jpg

I guess it also depends a great deal on the terrain you are camping in/on for most of the time.
Not all of us camp in the woods or forests where the ground is mostly soft and mulch.

Having a nice compact foldaway chair is a bonus if you are hiking and backpacking your kit in.

Like most of what we do its a case of adapt and amend to the conditions and terrain, we plan to be in :thumbsup:

Yes, that's surely right.

In Germany we don't really have areas without any trees.
Usually we camp in or next to hedges somehow.

Back