• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Hello All

Sharpfinger

Slightly Addicted
A quick introduction from myself.

I’m semi-retired now but formerly ex military; ex law enforcement and now help out part time with security at a number of rural properties.

I have a wide range of interests and pass times mostly due to my previous careers: (rural) self reliance activities; photography; DIY, around the home but especially self reliance activity orientated - e.g. own clothing and equipment.

I’m also one of those fools who owns and maintains a Land Drover!

I’m looking forward to contributing to the conversations and learning new stuff.

👍🏻

Sharpfinger

Aye Up Again,

You know when you create a strong password - and then lose the place you wrote it down............😖

Thanks for all the replies.

Where do I hail from Ystranc? - the clue is in the greeting!😆 (make sure you guess the right side of the Pennines!!)

What area of the military was I in Madriverrob - the most elite element of the British Army of course - The Royal Engineers!! 🎵 Beer, beer, beer said the Sappers merry merry men are we........🎵

Yes 1 shot Willie I thought that might be the case, I’ve been hovering around the site for a while and guessed that might be the case. 👍🏻

I‘m off over to a thread that caught my eye the other day now and prompted me to sign up to the site.

Cheers All.

Aye Up Again,

You know when you create a strong password - and then lose the place you wrote it down............😖

Where do I hail from Ystranc? - the clue is in the greeting!😆 (make sure you guess the right side of the Pennines!!)

What area of the military was I in Madriverrob - the most elite element of the British Army of course - The Royal Engineers!! 🎵 Beer, beer, beer said the Sappers merry merry men are we........🎵

Yes 1 shot Willie I thought that might be the case, I’ve been hovering around the site for a while and guessed that might be the case. 👍🏻

I‘m off over to a thread that caught my eye the other day now and prompted me to sign up to the site.

Cheers All.
I’m an ex Sapper too 👍

Madriverrob - 74 - 88 me.

1 Shot Willie - The Gloucesters - ‘the back and front boys’. Great Regiment.
I served with many different regiments of ‘the feet’ many times - great lads.

Its a great shame many never had/took the chance to serve, they would loved it, good times and bad.
84-91 left just before 1st Gulf War 🥴
Mostly Germany , a stint at RSME (brickie course) and finished up in Ripon … best time ever in Germany 😁

Aye Up Again,

Well that has to mean Yorkshire then because Lancashire folk don't make an issue of it.. :rofl:

84-91 left just before 1st Gulf War 🥴
Mostly Germany , a stint at RSME (brickie course) and finished up in Ripon … best time ever in Germany 😁
I agree, BAOR (Birgelen) & 1BR Corps (Nienburg/Weser) was brilliant for me too.
Joined aged 16 left aged 30. I’d do it all again in a heartbeat.

Just tried to google Aonar ann an coille - spell checker and Oogle threw a wobbler!😆

Are you a Teuchter Forest Wanders?
I was in Hameln and then Osnabruck ( spent quite a bit of time at Sennelager too ......)
So you were a pied piper? (Or a rubber duck?).
I don’t envy you Osnatraz but at least it was a base to explore from.

I too spent time at Sennelager (remember the WW2 hanging post?)..

By the time one of my lads served over there they were winding it all down and he didn’t get to enjoy it the way we did.
Not sure how I’d fancy postings to what used to be the Eastern Bloc in its place?

Back